Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Out of the blue ,got a phone call from my local dealer asking if i wanted to sell my car.WTF......It seems they had someone in wanting to buy a blue 225,do i sell or do i keep it, its all paid for but its the thought of starting to pay up a car again.So whats it worth,2004 54 31,000 miles.I like my ,car and its the thought of "Exclusitivity" that's not helping make my mind up.If i were to sell the options would be an Astra or the wife likes the Juke.

·
Premium Member
2,063 Posts
Classic lure, there'll be no customer for it when you go in. It's been tried with me before, I asked questions they couldn't answer and their dithering answers lead me to conclude it's a pack of lies. Times are hard and they're using all the tricks.
Honestly out of all the second hand 225s on the market they just want yours (no offence) but would't think so!
PS feel free to buy a new car, your choice :)

·
Registered
143 Posts
I had this too from our local Renault dealer, a potential buyer wanting my specific black f1 r26. Drove all the way to the dealer for a chat, and the buyer had suddenly 'pulled', but while you're here sir, can I interest you in any of these cars we have in stock.

·
Premium Member
2,586 Posts
Oldest sales trick in the book. Along with "is this your fiver? You must have dropped it when you walked in our showroom".

·
Registered
5,203 Posts
Bugger me, Ive just scratched the 4 winning chests of gold off on my free magazine scratch card.

How lucky was that.

·
Premium Member
1,383 Posts
I've just had a phone call, and guess what, i've only won another holiday, no strings attatched! thats 6 in the last 3 months, how lucky am i

·
Registered
5,203 Posts
I've just been on my emails and the Inland Revenue has just sent me an email saying I've had a £740 tax refund.

Just need to put all my credit card details into the linked 'refund' account and away we go.

Loads of luck today.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just spoke to a bloke i know,and as was said,times are hard and its an old trick that they try to get you into the showroom,also, been out this afternoon and came home to "no messages" on the phone.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Look, why not just write me a cheque for £500?

I dont want your car cos I've got one of me own, and will promise not to roger you on labour and spare parts costs when your Meg needs a new gearebox, engine, new white flag to surrender with etc...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts