Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to start looking at some Trophy's soon to run alongside the 172.

Do the trophy's/cups have any spring/damper differences to the R26's?

Also I know that the Trophy's had revised steering but did Renault alter it more later on in the range?

I tend to buy new suspension parts/tyres when I buy a new car so if the R26's have revised springs/dampers I'd be more inclined to fit those if they're a straight swap

·
Premium Member
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah the big ones I know I just wanted to know if the spring/damper rates are different and the steering rack.

The recaros are ****, I wanted them badly for the clio but after having a go in some they're a waste of time support wise - they do look good though :)

LSD is deffo going on when the time comes (i.e clutch!)

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
What are the buckets like in the .r Bahn? I'm still thiinking about adding a harness to my trendlines as I'm fed up of being thrown about in them.

·
Premium Member
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Errrm i love my recaros and never had a problem with them .
There's no problem with them as such they're a nice seat but they don't offer anything over the standard seats support wise - but they do look awesome and you do save a little weight.

If you've never sat in a Williams seat I suggest you do it's one of the most comfortable and supportive seats I've ever sat in - If they wouldn't look so out of place in a Megane I'd stick them in tomorrow! (retrimmed of course ;))

·
Registered
244 Posts
Rear springs are the same.But the front springs, front and rear dampers are diferent.Also front ARB is 21 mm compare to 19 (Trophy).The rear beam is different.On R26 and R26.R they added ARB.

·
Club Member
7,528 Posts
Rear springs are the same.But the front springs, front and rear dampers are diferent.Also front ARB is 21 mm compare to 19 (Trophy).The rear beam is different.On R26 and R26.R they added ARB.
So the R26 r has a RARB and the R26 doesn't or is one thicker than the other

Steve

·
Registered
250 Posts
Thanks for that.

Is the suspension tune on the 225 F1 the same as the Trophy?

·
Premium Member
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ahh ok so there's a few more bits and bobs to consider.

I'd be gobsmacked if I could tell that I'm rolling around on a 19mm rather than a 21mm - must have done it for a reason though!

·
Registered
244 Posts
@a16pse
R26 and R26.r has the same rear beam (With added ARB)

@Apex
I thing it is!

Yea one of the reason is LSD.With LSD you can carie a lot more speed out of the corner. Therfore you need a little stiffer front end

F1 and Trophy also don't have reinforcemend around lower subframe.

I have done the conversion from F1 to R26.R :).I is a big difference.I have also added LSD (quaife) and stiffer lower arm bush.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Did you fit the R26 front bar? Much duferance?

Thanks, I have fitted a LSD to my F1 also, mine is a step further than a .R though!

Have been told the F1 has the stiffest set up of them all.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts