Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As above guys and gals. I've currently got Goodyear Asymmetrics all round. Problem I've got is the fronts are newer hence still plenty of tread, the backs are gone. Now, I've seen some Hankook evos on camskil for a decent price, so can I have some views on whether you think it's good/bad to mix and match tyres.
P.S Conley is not allowed to ignite this thread;) Only joking mate. Fire away!

·
Registered
5,203 Posts
As above guys and gals. I've currently got Goodyear Asymmetrics all round. Problem I've got is the fronts are newer hence still plenty of tread, the backs are gone. Now, I've seen some Hankook evos on camskil for a decent price, so can I have some views on whether you think it's good/bad to mix and match tyres.
P.S Conley is not allowed to ignite this thread;) Only joking mate. Fire away!
Not ideal, but if you’re making the move to the same set of a new brand all round then go for it.

Rules - same type on the same axle and be aware of the differences in grip if you are pushing the limits.

For anyone that tries to say it’s a complete no-no, then they need to explain away the grip differences you get even with a set of the same brand tyres when they have individual large variations in tread depth and wear.

·
Registered
5,203 Posts
I have my own support staff working seamlessly in the background, protecting interests and running a 24 hour Close Protection service.

Their work goes unrecognised.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
I had ps2s on the front in summer with Bridgestone re05a on the rears after prematurely removing my ps3's.
Had no issues whatsoever. I have since swaped the bridgestones to the front and put the ps2s on the rear and seems be a good exchange during the greasy wet months to get better traction in a straight line.
I wouldn't recommend different brands on the same axle and I always like a matched pair on the front or your car could drive like a pig.

·
Premium Member
1,783 Posts
I have my own support staff working seamlessly in the background, protecting interests and running a 24 hour Close Protection service.

Their work goes unrecognised.
This is fkn priceless comedy material,big brother is censoring you jon.
Instantly spotted the ominous, seamed moderator edit.
Nearly made me choke on my oval tine.

Odiously my idea of a conley filter was a goer,should have slapped a patent on it.

·
Registered
5,203 Posts
This is fkn priceless comedy material,big brother is censoring you jon.
Instantly spotted the ominous, seamed moderator edit.
Nearly made me choke on my oval tine.

Odiously my idea of a conley filter was a goer,should have slapped a patent on it.
We go back a long way Mr Jeffs.....lots of previous.

I’m hoping the new personal touch doesn’t involve any form of remuneration.

I prefer Horlicks.

·
Premium Member
312 Posts
Mine are different as it had some new fronts fitted when I purchased it October 2010. Soon it'll be due new all round and it will then have matching Sport Contact 3's.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts