Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have noticed that I can disconnect my ESP (ASR) at whatever speed I like. Should this happen or are all the reports wrong that say only above 35 Mph it can be disconnected?

Rowdy.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've never understood that 'above 35mph' statement. I can turn mine off at any spees as well. Usually only do it when i'm at the lights though. :twisted:

·
Premium Member
10,543 Posts
I think its so you can have a bit more fun around a track without using the driver aids. Think it's only the full fat where it comes back on at 35?

·
Registered
5,267 Posts
its a feature of the cup pack.

it can be disconnected perminantly if you have a full fat version by finding someone with a clip machine who is willing to set the maximum esp cut in to like 200 mph as opposed to 35 mph.

·
Registered
178 Posts
by clip machine do you mean the computer thingy they connect from the obd port?

·
Registered
178 Posts
sooo why doesnt everyone do this? wont the people at the stealers let you?
or do you guys all like it the way it is :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have to conceed, I've become -VERY- lazy as I've got a full-fat and am forever kicking in the ESP due to a poor mis-match of tyres on the Meg at the moment...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ask Jon Seal and Paul from RS Tuning about this as i am sure Jon has had this done on his

cheers

Jas

·
Premium Member
10,543 Posts
Don't think it would make a difference to the power available. Surely it would just give you control of the power rather than interfering when it feels it needs to

·
Founder
8,209 Posts
I have my ASR turned off but not the traction control. It gets rid of the rear wheel braking and mid corner power droputs that the ASR seemed to do under really hard driving

·
Registered
178 Posts
how did you do that? if you know exactly how/where this can be done can you explain so i could get my car done the same way?
thanx

·
Founder
8,209 Posts
its on the renault "clip" diagnostic tool theres a secion where you basically tell the ECU that theres no ASR system, only drawback is that you cant disable the traction control as its lumped in with the ABS on a totally seperate computer so the traction control is enabled all the time now

1 - 20 of 24 Posts