Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just been to a newly set up DIY garage in coventry, it has 2 car ramps and only £10 per hour, fitted my exhaust in under a hour so even with petrol it was still less than £20 and a garage in brum wanted £50-£75 to do it and I could not be done with lying on the cold floor getting wet on the drive.

if anyone in the Midlands needs to work on the underside if their car I can reccommend this place and the owner is a nice bloke too and even got free tea

http://www.rampandwrench.co.uk/main/

I have nothing to do with this place just think it is good having this available for a reasonable price he has only been there 7 weeks and needs the word spreading.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it made getting to the flange bolts onto the cat so much easier.
I just dropped on this place by luck, did some searches on google and found this one, I know there is one in london and a couple up north

·
Premium Member
2,063 Posts
Nice idea! How does health and safety work for a place like that though? Surely anyone could hire it and potentially injure themselves, how are they protected from an unfortunate accident resulting from incompetent "DIYers" claim?

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
I would have thought that there will be experienced / trained people floating around the place keeping an eye on everyone.

you will also probably have to sign a disclaimer before you get anyway near the garage.

Its a good idea though, for the odd time you actually need a lift its a great price, just a shame there isn't one near me

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
you have to sign a disclaimer before using the ramp and then you are shown how to operate it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts