Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

Some of you may know I have a 1.5dci but have done my best and have taken bits from a 225 ph1 and ph2. Only because insurance was a issue at the time.

Now I am older and have a stable job with a bit more money, do I sell the megane and buy a petrol 225? or just stick to the diesel 1.5?

Keeping in mind I only do a round trip of 3-5 miles a day to work/missus. Tax currently £30 and insurance group I believe is 2/3.

Here is my car's blog:
http://www.meganesport.net/community/showthread.php?49306-My-Megane-dci-As-good-as-the-real-thing

Thanks guys

·
Premium Member
2,457 Posts
Only you can really answer that question fella.

But if you can go for an R26, then you wont regret it. Fabulous car - and you only live once!!

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Would love a R26R!!! Only reason I have said the 225 is because as much as I love the spec on the 230 F1, R26 and R26R's.
My budget is around £5K as I've gone and brought a flat with the missus. So the money I saved up over 7 years for a sporty brand spanking new car (250/265 or Evo/Scooby), has now gone, every single penny lol!

So I am back to square one unfortunately!

But I sure do miss a petrol. Smells beautiful, sounds and drives better.

·
Premium Member
2,501 Posts
Get a bike and pedal to work mate and with the money you save buy a 225, we have one and its a great drive, petrol not an issue as I pedal to work :scooter::biggthumpup:

·
Premium Member
1,503 Posts
That's what I'm going to do,buy a bike and keep my 225 on drive until weekends. Save some money.

·
Premium Member
2,501 Posts
Def the way forward mate. Because the bike is so Eco friendly you can put your foot down more on the 225 LOL

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've got a pedal bike, but taking out the Megane just makes me smile. Also im a lazy bugger so I even take the car out to go to the shops 100m down the road lol

·
Premium Member
477 Posts
Defo do the bike thing, i live about 2 miles from work and bike in or walk, saves me loads, I only fill the R26 up once a month.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm going to have to do the bike thing for a week or two as she is getting resprayed sometime next week as part of preparation for FCS 2012 :)

·
Premium Member
3,215 Posts
I'm going to have to do the bike thing for a week or two as she is getting resprayed sometime next week as part of preparation for FCS 2012 :)
save the respray money and buy a r26. if money is that tight still you can get a 225 cup with reasonable mileage for a lot less.

·
Premium Member
3,215 Posts
have a look on eBay an autotrader I'm sure you could pick a decent 225 cup up for 6k maybe an option? r26 for about 8-9k depending how fussy you are :)

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
When I say respray its both the bumpers, grills and door bullets in gloss black all for £300

However I am considering after all to jump on the push bike. I have a lovely inferno red bike with A fully adjustable coilover lol

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I am on the bike and its GREAT! 30min now takes 15min but body is hurting for now lol
The rest has been good for the megane, took her out last night and was roaring louder than ever!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts