Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just booked with focused events is anybody else going or up for it?
This will be my 1st track day so I have booked the instruction for £25 to get me started.
can someone give me a rough idea of how much fuel i might use throughout the day so that im not carrying extra weight if i don't need to.
As its my first time and i imagine i will be taking it relatively steady are uprated pads a must or will std ones be ok?
i am currently using conti sport contact 3's all round with 5mm(ish) tread left, should i prepare to buy new rubber after the day are they likely to have a few miles left in them? also what pressures should i be putting in the tyres?
thanks, Ryan

·
Premium Member
3,215 Posts
just booked with focused events is anybody else going or up for it?
This will be my 1st track day so I have booked the instruction for £25 to get me started.
can someone give me a rough idea of how much fuel i might use throughout the day so that im not carrying extra weight if i don't need to.
As its my first time and i imagine i will be taking it relatively steady are uprated pads a must or will std ones be ok?
i am currently using conti sport contact 3's all round with 5mm(ish) tread left, should i prepare to buy new rubber after the day are they likely to have a few miles left in them? also what pressures should i be putting in the tyres?
thanks, Ryan
hi mate. instruction is the best thing you have brought so far really worth it IMO.
fuel it depends obviously how long your out but I would expect around a tank to a tank and a half.
standard pads are fine especially if it's your first time just make sure your fluid is fresh and give yourself and the car plenty of rest time.
tyres you should be fine for a couple of track days on that as long as you don't go sliding round every corner and keep the pressures under check I've found keeping them at around 32-34 usually works for me but you will soon figure out what works for you.
just enjoy it and take it easy and I may see you there if the wife lets me out again ;)

·
Club Member
7,528 Posts
I'll see you there mate done donington quite a few times as its my local track and I don't mind taking you round for a bit of instruction if it helps , I normally do a full tank but there is a bp station just down the road if you get low

·
Premium Member
3,215 Posts
I can't make my mind up now I'm spoilt for choice oulton saturday Anglesey next Saturday and now this!! and I quite fancied a trip to Cadwell with javelin next month too. the missus is not going to be chuffed :)

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
:)
hi mate. instruction is the best thing you have brought so far really worth it IMO.
fuel it depends obviously how long your out but I would expect around a tank to a tank and a half.
standard pads are fine especially if it's your first time just make sure your fluid is fresh and give yourself and the car plenty of rest time.
tyres you should be fine for a couple of track days on that as long as you don't go sliding round every corner and keep the pressures under check I've found keeping them at around 32-34 usually works for me but you will soon figure out what works for you.
just enjoy it and take it easy and I may see you there if the wife lets me out again ;)
looks like you have got a busy few weeks if you can sweet talk other half:) the fluid is fairly fresh so that should be ok hopefully i just need a good pressure gauge, ill start at 32psi and go from there. hope you can make it & thanks for the advice

I'll see you there mate done donington quite a few times as its my local track and I don't mind taking you round for a bit of instruction if it helps , I normally do a full tank but there is a bp station just down the road if you get low
passenger ride sounds good to me mate think ill need all the help i can get lol. good to know there's a bp close by i was wondering weather there was a pump on site. what time do you get there for?
look forward to seeing you there and hope a few more megane owners make it

·
Premium Member
3,215 Posts
before you go also look at YouTube and watch a few vids to get a good idea of the track layout so you have a good idea about braking points etc

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
You know what, as im home that weekend, would it be rude if i didnt pop my rallye out for the day? It was ment for the track but yet to see one, would you say donnington is better suited to the lighter less powerd rallye, or the heavier, more powerful megane?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Im sat 4 miles from donington waiting for green flag. Came to stop at lights and the clutch went straight to the floor. A bit fcukd off to say the least

1 - 14 of 14 Posts