Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just an FYI really.

Previously ran ps2's on track but now run ps3's, just did an afternoon on track at bedford and they are mullered.

Yes i drove hard but no spinning, sliding, locking up and after like 20mins the tyres went completely soft, ie they had got so hot i could press my finger into the tyre!

Ps2s never did that and ive taken so much life out the ps3's they were wasted really as should have sorted some cheaper tyres to run on track!

Just a heads up for people who do or are lookin to track their cars and have or may consider ps3's as they aint cheap!

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
To be fair, no, but they were correct when i started (i know they will fluctuate) just the point my ps2's never did it and the ps3 went so soft and have just eaten away!

Whats your view on them anyway? Couldnt feel much difference on road between ps2 and 3 but on track the ps2s were much better in my view, much more feel and harder sidewalls for sure!

·
Premium Member
6,141 Posts
The Ps3's compound is different, to try and increase rolling resistance,Co2 levels,and fuel consumption.
The compound is not as sporty as the PS2's,and will definitely get too hot after a few laps,especially if air pressures are not bang on.
Even the best road tyres loose performance after a few laps.that's why it's always worth doing a slow lap after,say 5 laps,to let the tyres and brakes cool down.
Good road tyres are designed to work between 7c - 80c, slicks 70c - 120c in most cases.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Ive just changed my fronts on my 250 from ps2 to ps3 and road use is much better and more so in the wet, im defo going ps3's on the back when there ready to change

1 - 8 of 8 Posts