Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi iv looked and cant seam to fins a thread on how to do it. i only want to change the small bit on the end but i just cant seam to get it of can someone help please

dan

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Open the door and you will see a small plastic gromet about the same height as the handle, pull this out and if you use a torch you will see a metal lever you need to use something to put inside the hole to pull this lever towards you (i used an old wire coat hanger) then you can pull the piece out you want to change....

Sent from my Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks mate, so once iv pulled the metal lever the small bit at the end of the door handle will just slide out? also how do i change the handle? as iv got a new hande and button bit but seams to look like a slightly diffident silver? might just be because it aint on the car yet tho

dan

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Yeah once you've done what i said the piece will just slide out then you can also remove the handle by sliding it out its very easy you will see what i mean mate...

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i had a look at this today and i took the gromet out and had a look inside the is the bit im supposed to pull towards me has a small hole it it so you can hook it is this the right thing to pull?

dan

·
Premium Member
2,462 Posts
No hole in the lever, pull from the bottom it can be abit stiff

Can't really mess it up, once fitted the handle just push the lever back

idiot proof really,better than the old system with a little screw that pulls the lever out and falls to the bottom off the door!

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Right i had another look and i managed to pull the lever in the hole towards me but it just losend the handle i did stik a flat head screwdriver behind it but still wouldend come out any sugetions?

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Once you have pulled the level in the hole towards you then need to remove the little piece at the end of the handle out its the bit that the key goes into if you know what i mean.. then you can slide the handle its self out....

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yea thats the bit i couldent get out the bit on the end. I havnt got a key hole in mine tho will that make a difrence?

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Key hole wont make a difference mate... Im stumped now shame your not near as i would give you a hand,where abouts in wales are you based?

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Yep should just pull out once you have pulled the little lever,reason i asked where you were was because i make regular trips to Colwyn Bay.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts