Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys had my megane 225 for about a month now and loving it but want a dump valve.

Any recommendations?? The main reason i want one is for the noise not fussy about performance as long as i dont loose any.

whats the difference between ssqv and blow off valve if there is any?

thanks

·
Premium Member
911 Posts
Save your money, I'll give you two months and you'll be sick of it.............only kidding, each to their own an all that.
Forge do a kit for the meg. Not the loudest but works all the same. SSQV more noise and less chance of leaking boost etc.

SSQV is a blow off valve. Just works differently. In the time it would take me to explain how you would have got bored of the dump valve and put a recirc valve on it.

·
Premium Member
911 Posts
Yeah but you will need to buy everything to go with it. Like I say forge do a kit.
SSQV say goodbye to a few hundred £ with all the kit.
Forge £100 ish all in.

And don't fall for all the fakes on eBay.!!!!

·
Premium Member
145 Posts
I'm desperate to get a valve and after checking out the turbosmart vid and the SSQV I have to say I'm sold on the SSQV, turbosmart a bit low end and 'wooshie' for me. More into the high pitched stuff.

*edit* just checked out a few vids on the forge one (check youtube "megane forge dump valve" danp) and they seem like a nice medium, if they're £100-ish all in you can't go wrong surely?

·
Premium Member
145 Posts
I see, that is primarily what I want lol. Videos are a nightmare for stuff like this really, can't beat the live sound. Need to get to a meet before making a choice really.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
i found the TS had a better reaction time to spool than the ssqv BUT!! ith forge recirc is the best , better than any bov but wont sound as good but will work the best

·
Premium Member
145 Posts
That makes two, must be summin wrong with 'em lol

*edit* generally, not suggesting yours is duff. Read it back and realised how that might come across

·
Premium Member
3,292 Posts
I've got the SSQV-II and there the best imho

As mentioned they work on pull relief rather than push relief so no boost leaks. The forge spring i found was to weak and leaked, they offer an uprated spring but for me it made the bov even quieter than it already was.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ok now I don't know what I want! I had a look on turbosmarts website and it looks like they are just universal fit and they do a few options. Any opinions?
How much you guys looking to sell the ssqv for? Does it come with fitting kit?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts