Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All
New on here and i was looking for some advice
i am looking to fit a dump valve on my R26 F1 230 and have seen that miltek do one for about 166.00 but have noticed that there are a number for sale on ebay for about 100.oo
So what to look for ?
what to stay away from?
any good brands bad brands?
all advice welcome
thanks
Simon

·
Premium Member
1,297 Posts
i like the sound of my Forge dump valve... quite cheap and came with all the things needed for fitting including blanking plate.......howver if you want a chirp sound rather than a ppppshhhhh (air) sound then get a SSQV youtube them mate they all sound pretty much the same boost will make a little diff to the sound on the SSQV

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mark
Are you saying you want to sell yours? If so how much? does it also have the blanking plug to replace the recirculating valve or is that not needed?
Simon

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey
thanks for the reply
I have seen the forge ones
i see some of the kits come with a blanking plate for the recirculating valve.
Does this have to be used or can i leave the standard one in situ and just fit the BOV?
Where abouts is the recirculating valve positioned as i can seem to see it.
Cheers
Simon

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Mark
Are you saying you want to sell yours? If so how much? does it also have the blanking plug to replace the recirculating valve or is that not needed?
Simon
Yeah I'm selling my SSQV, adapter, forge hose, ktec blanking plate, so everything you'd need
I'm after £130 posted

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey Mark
how old is it and how many miles has it done
i am happy how to fit the valve but i cant see where the blanking plate goes
Does this need to be fitted?
Cheers
Simon

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Hey Mark
how old is it and how many miles has it done
i am happy how to fit the valve but i cant see where the blanking plate goes
Does this need to be fitted?
Cheers
Simon

It's brand new and done 2 miles
I fitted it and changed my mind lol
I'm selling up aswell so I'm not gonna need it anyway

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Mark
ok sounds intersesting do you have pics or details of which ssqv it is? now that someone has kindly posted pics of where the blanking plate is it all looks piece of cake
i will say yes or no in next cpl of days as im away now for cpl of days and wont have addess to comp
cheers
simon

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you

Quick note to Daz to say thanks for the pics
now it all makes sense
Thanks for your time
cheers
Simon

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ok guys ive had engine cover off to have a look at the job all seems very straight forward except for the 3rd bolt on bottom of recirculation valve.. so will the bolt come out without the need to remove any other engine parts? i dont want to start and then find i cant finish
Cheers
Simon

·
Premium Member
1,297 Posts
may have to remove the air pipe from the turbo to the box for extra room but with the right tools you wont need to move anything

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Ok guys ive had engine cover off to have a look at the job all seems very straight forward except for the 3rd bolt on bottom of recirculation valve.. so will the bolt come out without the need to remove any other engine parts? i dont want to start and then find i cant finish
Cheers
Simon
I used a floppy headed wratchet spanner, didnt remove anything apart from recirc.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hi Mark
Im sorry for the delay in getting back to you
I have gone another way so im sorry i will turn down your offer
thanks and i guess the chap who was interested will buy it ?
Thanks again
Simon

1 - 20 of 23 Posts