Megane Sport Forum banner

Dump Valve, Chavy or not

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you give me your opinion on whether these sound chavy? I'm tempted, I now it wont give any more power but I want the noise in my life lol.

·
Premium Member
911 Posts
As you expect you will get mixed reviews. A lot of people, myself included get bored of the noise. If its your first turbo car then I suppose it's a must?!

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
same as...not had one...but all my friends who have say it's not the chavvy bit, just they get tired of the noise and remove them and hardly ever put them back on

·
Premium Member
1,279 Posts
Yep, ive had one, it was on the car when I bought it and after about 10 months I got real sick of the noise and got rid of it, I had a bit of a struggle to get a standard recirc too as I did not have it, everyone that had on did not want to sell just incase they didn't like the dv after a while.
But it's everyone ti there own, if you want one and not bothered about getting sick of the noise then get one!

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Ive had one since i got the car, i still love it, just changed the spring in it to a yellow one and it doesnt do the bus air brake noise now, it just chirps when i take off the go pedal, each to there own but i still need this in my life brings out the kid in me and scares innocent bystanders lol

·
Premium Member
1,297 Posts
i have one on mine and iv had it since i bought the car...in fact i bought it before i got the car lol...its a forge one... a little bit annoying after a while and mines about as loud as its going to get now with the sound deadening out and the blanking plate in...but get one.. se if you like it with the standard recirc in and if you want it louder put the blanking plate on..simples :-D...........also if you get bored then get a different model like the ssqv which loads completely different

·
Premium Member
1,297 Posts
yeh quite a few people do it because they cant get the blanking plate on haha....it does have a slightly delayed dump though....and i think it sounds **** lol

·
Premium Member
1,503 Posts
Driving and let off just about 2k ( but let of slowly) ch-ch-chs still makes smile, but can get boring.

No no disadvantages, some say recirc holds boost.?!?

·
Registered
418 Posts
Ive got one on mine, I had it with recirc and with blanking plate, the blanking plate is a must in my opinion, the sound is so much better....

·
Premium Member
1,297 Posts
no disadvantages as such i don't think it holds boost quite as well but i like the feeling when you come of the turbo cuz it puts you forward then and soon as you back on throttle your pinned again

·
Premium Member
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ive had one since i got the car, i still love it, just changed the spring in it to a yellow one and it doesnt do the bus air brake noise now, it just chirps when i take off the go pedal, each to there own but i still need this in my life brings out the kid in me and scares innocent bystanders lol
What make is your DV?

·
Premium Member
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for your opinions guys, Think i'll get one and if I dont like it i'll take it back off and sell it on.

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
I've got one and I don't think I'll ever get bored of it. It's very funny watching people run to the bus stop when they hear it.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Thanks for your opinions guys, Think i'll get one and if I dont like it i'll take it back off and sell it on.
I'm glad you asked the question! Been thinking about this recently too and got some good answers. I think I'll end up doing the same as you though, if I get bored I'll sell on.

Do they usually come with different springs?

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
Lol that said I do beleave there r better bov than ktec/ forge units I'm looking at a greddy at the minute just for the differant sound !

1 - 20 of 32 Posts