Megane Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about getting one of those handy SSQV valves...

There was a lot of talk about them on the old forum but I didn't have my 225 then! Was wondering if somebody could help me with a few issues!!!

1) Do they or can they do ANY harm to your car?
2) Will Renault mind if I took the car in for servicing with it still fitted?

·
Premium Member
3,590 Posts
Brasso said:
Thinking about getting one of those handy SSQV valves...

There was a lot of talk about them on the old forum but I didn't have my 225 then! Was wondering if somebody could help me with a few issues!!!

1) Do they or can they do ANY harm to your car?
2) Will Renault mind if I took the car in for servicing with it still fitted?
Hi mate, the SSQV type valve is totally safe so you will have no problems there. It would depend on the dealer if they would mind to be honest. Probably worth a try :D

Paul

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
It only takes 10mins to take off anyway, so just do that to be safe!
phil

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Andy, Does it not help peformace though? I thought dump valves were to prevent tubo lag. Surely you don't want to get rid of yours?

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
They create it in my opinion, only just noticeable though,
purely for the sound!

·
Founder
8,209 Posts
the 225 does have a silent recirculating valve on as standard but I do think they reduce lag inbetween changes even more. To be honest the noise is reason enough to get one hehehe

If theres enough intrest I might do another batch of them, takes a bit of organising as the bits come from all for corners of the world for this kit lol

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Jon does yours have that chirp due to the extra boost?
or will it sound the same with a standard car

i got rid of the K-tec one it sounded poo in my opinion, but i would like the ssqv as the car is too quiet at the minute!

phil

·
Founder
8,209 Posts
the ssqv is slightly louder with the increased boost but the chirp is the same on standard cars, that vid I did a while back had standard boost, I'll dig the vid out and post it. If I can get 3 confirmed orders I'll do another batch.

·
Premium Member
14,297 Posts
Brasso said:
Andy, Does it not help peformace though? I thought dump valves were to prevent tubo lag. Surely you don't want to get rid of yours?
dont get me wrong im taking nothing away from wat jon is saying but i thing mine seems to run abit better with out it, i dont know it might just be me, but i might sell it, going to leave it of for a week or two to see how i feel and them make my mind up weather or not to keep it

·
Founder
8,209 Posts
have you got an air filter on yours andy? I had running probs with my old ktec one a slight flat spot low down the revs but cured it with the air filter

·
Registered
5,724 Posts
in all honesty from the vids + sound clips even though it does sound higher pitched than most dump valves do its not agressive and it just sounds like those fake dumvalves for nova`s. could be just the vids but i wouldnt want that noise all the time. wastegate chatter yes.

dunno if i can host it but i have an evil vid of a fiat coupe 20v turbo with a darth vada like suction/release noise really quite mad if it could sound like that then id be happy but i dont know what it is that does it. il try dig it out.

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Andy/Jon, Does a new air filter help with power low down in the revs then? Not that I'm gettin greedy or anything... :roll: although I might after a couple of months! :lol:

·
Founder
8,209 Posts
The IK helps with low down revs with or without the remap I rekon, the noise just did my head in a bit after a while, want a viper but £200 is a lot of cash!

·
Premium Member
14,297 Posts
Davelee225 said:
The viper is the better kit to go for, you don't have so much noise as the standard air filter.
but they are alot of money tho,

im thinking of trying to make a filter where by the filter itself is in the air feed funnel that comes from the front bumper and runs straight into the black air box pipe from the turbo. the funnel is big enough ie 100mm in diameter so soink will most defo fit in side that, i do like to have a play with things :lol:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts