Megane Sport Forum banner

Dyno'd The Megane

4K views 31 replies 13 participants last post by  neil123456 
#1 ·
A friend organised a dyno day this morning, about 10 cars in all, mostly astras (his coupe made just over 300bhp),dc2 seat etc.
My megane has a stage 1 from fastchip/engine dynamics, modified airbox and blueflame cat back, it made 266bhp and 272lbt/ft which i'm more than happy with :D.

[video=youtube;-6wu289iJMw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6wu289iJMw[/video]

Sound quality is pretty poor as the rollers were quite noisy and it shows how subtle the bluefame exhaust is.

Lastly I got round to fitting my skoda splitter, suits the ph1 perfectly.

See less See more
#12 ·
it made 266bhp and 272lbt/ft
That's a pretty sizeable bump over standard. Very impressed.

Ok, thank you for your quick reply. Did you get the remap done by this place-
http://www.engine-dynamics.com/epag...81_shop/Products/"Megane 225 / 230 ECU Flash"
Yes, previously BB tuning so know their Renaults, but the map itself is from Henk.
Cool! They are just down the road from me - it's far more preferable than K-Tec or RS Tuning. I might have to pay a visit in the next few weeks.

#27 ·
Modifications at the time were panel filter and cat back exhaust, there is definately a big improvement from the off, then after a few hundred miles it settled into itself again and felt even better.
I'm back up to see Andy at ED next week for some service work as it happens.

#28 ·
Ok thank you for the advice. I meant to be getting a remap on Saturday morning but now I am thinking if I should get the cat back and panel filter. I may just get panel filter and remap or wait and get the cat back first.

Worried I may not feel the imporvement with a standard engine. I am glad that you felt a big difference. Thanks again for your speedy reply.

#29 ·
Ok thank you for the advice. I meant to be getting a remap on Saturday morning but now I am thinking if I should get the cat back and panel filter. I may just get panel filter and remap or wait and get the cat back first.

Worried I may not feel the imporvement with a standard engine. I am glad that you felt a big difference. Thanks again for your speedy reply.

#30 ·
On a stage 1 map you don't need a performance exhaust. The OE item is good enough and even when changed you ideally need a turbo back to get the most from the new system as it's the cat which is the bottle neck.

A decent air filter is a good idea though - ITG panel filter or the like.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.