Megane Sport Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Founder
8,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a follow on from my other post I had the fronts done at RS Tuning yesterday, big job 3 hours just to do the fronts and that was with two lads working on it too, glad I left it to the professionals

Before:

After:

The drops not a lot, maybe only 15-20mm but its subtle and doesnt look like a low slung boy racer type mod. Ridewise again its not overly hard, its very much tighter the handling and body roll is reduced considerably but you dont feel every bump by any means.

All in all a very good change, if you want your 225 to be a track monster these arent for you though you need to be looking at coilovers, the Eibachs are a good upgrade over standard but they are quite sensibly done so the ride isnt comprimised hardly at all. Definatley reccomended for you phase 1 guys

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Gotta get mine done, it looks so much better. Did you take out the bump stops Jon?

·
Premium Member
984 Posts
Jon yes i have ordered my intercooler from k-tec with the normal club disco unts but there is a waiting list as these items are very sort after at the moment.

Richard 8)

·
Registered
327 Posts
Hey Richard, it seems that I got the last one in stock(hopefully).
I ordered mine 10 days ago and spoke with David and he said that by the april 5th my intercooler was going to be shipped...still waiting :cry: :cry:
But you know it´s a long road from UK to Mexico... :wink: :wink:

With Andy´s guide I´ll do it by myself...HOpefully, when I put all together again there wouldn´t be any screws missing :wink: :wink:

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
meggerman said:
why do you bin the bump stops ?
It drops the back end by approx 10mm more, and has no negative effects!
BTW its not like the ones that slip over the damper its a rubber ring that sits on top of the spring

·
Founder
8,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
its a safety thing for stopping the back axle or rear wheels hitting anything, only if you were totally ragging the car with half a ton of stuff in the back would it scuff, the bump stops look like they're designed to snap in that situation actually

1 - 17 of 17 Posts