Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was behind this tonight for part of my journey home. appologies for the crap pic.

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
im not a big fan of them really even though its 300bhp i dont like the whole FWD either and for 30K i think thats a bit of a rip off tbh.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Outside has the looks, the inside dosent, if i had 30k id get a 2nd hand 250 with a trip to ktec for 320bhp and a lot of change. Meganes the car of the year, more luxury and far beter on a twisty circuit, when i see one i think yeah nice car, but you got the wrong the one, too much cash if your geting a 30k focus. Havent driven either but thats my veiw.

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I dont mind them tbh. they turn heads as this 1 was doing going down the street but so would a ka painted that colour :p

that wasnt the purpose of this thread tho. Look at the colour and another small detail. it is a crap pic so no wonder its not been spotted. if this is what the owners claiming it would of been more than £30k too.

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
Meant to be an RS500?

They aren't bad cars, while the Meg's handle better and are a bit more fun, I find the interior to be a nicer, more refined place to be in the Ford. They make a brilliant noise and will quite probably have better residuals than a Renault.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
I love focus rs and the rs500 is very sexy, ive driven my brothers rs and they are monsters, the sound the drive everything makes you feel like your driving a legendary car which they will become, unlike my little rattler. Nothing bad to say about them tbh. Whats not to like, yeah that colours a bit iffy but in white they look fantastic.

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ok, it was a crap rushed pic but yes. It does say rs 500. it had me fooled for all of 2 seconds. i hope the owner stuck it on rather than paying rs500 prices for it.

They seem to tune well and has been mentioned, the driving exoerience is suppose to be good. thats something i miss on the meg, a nice engine noise but then the extra weight of the 5 pot is supposed make them undsteer quite badly ive heard.

·
Premium Member
2,501 Posts
Weren't the RS500's all done with a matt wrap? Thought the green was a regular FRS colour.

Probably just stuck the badge on!!

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
I prefered my Focus RS x10 over the ownewrship of my Megane so far.

An all this crap of £30k, i spent over 2 years on the focusRSOC as a staff member and never saw anyone admit to paying that much. Mine was fully loaded in white and cost just over £26k. Look at the Corsa VXR 'ring thats RRP £23k for a CORSA! I have no idea how much the RRP of the Meg 250 is let alone the 265 but im sure its the same, if not far off what you could pick an RS up for.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Yeah my brother payed £26k but the rs500 are still over £30k, i agree with the focus being better, build quality is much better, it only loses out on corners to the megane but your not racing everyday of your life so focus wins for me.

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
Yes the RS500 was £34,995 RRP iirc. That was £2,200 of MT350 kit and an £'6000' 3M matt vinyl-foil wrap along with the smaller additions and price for the limited run.

I as many, did not like the idea or the look of the 500 over the standard RS. Mine cost way less when tuned and did everything better for less. Sure it wasn't limited, but for a daily driver that was just fine the like of me and most.

I wouldn't hesistate to just straight at the next fast Ford either...

1 - 20 of 48 Posts