Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
5,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A comprehensive mix of dry, wet, braking and handling tests.

The Main Players:

Mich Pilot Sport 3 - Conti Sportcontact 3 - Hankook Ventus S1 Evo - Vred Ultrac Centro
Bridgestone Potenza S001 - Dunlop SP Sport Maxx GT - Pirelli P Zero - Goodyear F1 Asymmetric 2

The size:

235/40 R18 92Y

The top 5 overall:

1. Conti Sportcontact 3
2. Hankook Ventus S1 Evo
3. Goodyear F1 Asymmetric 2
4. Mich Pilot Sport 3
5. Pirelli P Zero

Another great result for the Conti. The Conti 5P is supposed to be even better - worth bearing in mind. Also a good result for the Hankook. The Vred and Dunlop are low ranking.

·
Premium Member
1,783 Posts
Cant understand why they are not using the Conti 5p.
The Conti 3 is relatively a old tyre compared to the 5P,which has won many other European tests as a all rounder.

I suspect the margin of the win with the 5p would have caused embarrassment to the others ,and deemed to politically incorrect.

·
Premium Member
947 Posts
I can only comment on the 5p's as thats all I've had but I was so impressed with the original four that the Meg has just been shod with a lovely set of 4 brand new 5p's. I looked into other makes on here but couldn't find anything so compelling to make me change my mind.

What as the track conditions like at Bradford (i haven't seen the article yet) wet or dry

·
Premium Member
1,783 Posts
I can only comment on the 5p's as thats all I've had but I was so impressed with the original four that the Meg has just been shod with a lovely set of 4 brand new 5p's. I looked into other makes on here but couldn't find anything so compelling to make me change my mind.

What as the track conditions like at Bradford (i haven't seen the article yet) wet or dry
better dry drip than the Ps`2s(and thats saying something).
and far superior in the wet..SOLD!

·
Registered
2,639 Posts

Bedford u mean? Nice flat smooth tarmac!

·
Registered
306 Posts
save me starting a new thread ill ask here. ill be buying 4 new tyres for my meg soon and tbh i dont fancy spending £180 a tyre im looking around £120 mark
so what should i go for

HANKOOK K110 V12 EVO
or
T1SPORT PROXES TOYO T1 SPORT

or is there somthing around that price thats better?

dan

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
I've got V12's on mine from when I purchased it. Can't really compare to any others yet as I haven't had the car long enough but they seem to do a decent job for me. Handling is decent and no road noise.

Do a search for tyres I'm sure something else will pop up

·
Registered
306 Posts
thanks mate im shure iv seen them on other megs, i had toyos on the 182 and they run down so fast id rather a set or v12s as theyr midrange

·
Premium Member
6,141 Posts
It would be strange if the Conti's didn't come first at their testing ground.
I wonder why they didn't test the Mich super sports ?

·
Premium Member
1,783 Posts
It would be strange if the Conti's didn't come first at their testing ground.
I wonder why they didn't test the Mich super sports ?
Supersport as you know, is a pretty extreme tyre at a extreme price.
But the Conti 3 coming first certainly throws some light on how it won against more modern tyres.

Worthless test really unless it is done on a neutral circuit.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts