Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Can anyone guide me in the direction of a possible fix for a coughing exhaust?

I have checked coils and changed sparks today and made no difference.

Or is this normal?

[video=youtube;4ehf8MjnaRg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ehf8MjnaRg&feature=youtu.be[/video]

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
I think injector's might be the fix? Don't quote me on that but mine has a little splutter and thats what i was told, still not changed yet as need a major service before i pay for injectors.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When you say little splutter, is it not as bad as mine in the vid? I have checked service history and there is evidence of one injector being changed 2 years ago.

The car is on 91,000 miles

·
Premium Member
5,759 Posts
Thats ****ing terrible! Have the injectors even been changed? If not order a full set asap, if they have still order a full set ASAP.

Standard map? Does it clear if you pick the revs up?

·
Registered
61 Posts
This is like mine. I've changed the ignition coils but think I need injectors. Anyone know how much and how easy are they to fit?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thats ****ing terrible! Have the injectors even been changed? If not order a full set asap, if they have still order a full set ASAP.

Standard map? Does it clear if you pick the revs up?
It had a k-tec remap done by the previous owner, and one injector had been changed, cylinder 1 it says in the service book.

It drives ok and no evidence of that splutter when driving or revving.

Will order a set and get them changed ASAP then, worldsapart the best place to get them?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
5,759 Posts
It had a k-tec remap done by the previous owner, and one injector had been changed, cylinder 1 it says in the service book.

It drives ok and no evidence of that splutter when driving or revving.

Will order a set and get them changed ASAP then, worldsapart the best place to get them?

Thanks
Several places just go for the cheapest.

·
Premium Member
624 Posts
I have a full set for sale in the for sale section, used but no more than 5k done on them £100 delivered.
Tel

1 - 13 of 13 Posts