Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys

Im considering an exhaust but i delve in the odd trackday so would like an exhaust that i can use both on road and track without having to change it back to std due to noise limits.

Does anyone have the static and driveby figures for

Ktec 2.75 catback, ktec 3" and milltek systems?

I presume decat would definately be out of the equation?

Cheers
Matt

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
Rob did mention his noise level but I can't remember what it was. Decatted KTR 3" system passed a static 105DB limit ayway. The 2.75" systems are supposed to be louder though.

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yer i hear the 2.75 is the louder but cant find any figures on it. Would love a decat 3" on track but i go to bedford and their driveby is 87.5 and 101 static so think id fail!

·
Premium Member
911 Posts
The 2.75 K-tec system is very loud IMO. The 2.75 milltek is spot on though.
Just point out I have a decat too.

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
KTR 3" is 81db @ 4500rpm, 70db at idle. I don't know how much the decat increases those by though.

·
Meganesport Area Rep - South West
6,404 Posts
Let me know if you email k tec as the 2.75 with Decat is loud. I would like to know what it is

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
no megane exhaust is going to breach track limits so i wouldn't worry
With just an exhaust It won't but add the decat and it could. I know Joe's would be very close If not over most limits. What's the minimum limit for a given track? I'm sure Rob said his was close to Oultons 105db limit which seems one of the higher limits.

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Fyi rob said he ran 98db on the static - 3" decat

I go bedford and their 87/88db driveby i'd break with that.

Think 2.75 with cat is best bet

·
Premium Member
1,297 Posts
you say this but...im pretty sure 500bhp evos, and fully tracked out porches are a lot louder than a megane decatted and fulley deboxed, i really wouldn't worry, and isnt joe running a screamer though?

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
Fyi rob said he ran 98db on the static - 3" decat
Cheers Matty. I thought It was louder than that but then I can barely remember last week never mind last summer!

Bedford is 87.5db drive by at 20m so you could be ok with the 3" decated system? It's difficult to tell though as the db scale is weird. Maybe not going on what Conley says!

Yeah Joe is running a screamer but it sounds the same as when he didn't have it TBH. Must just be the bigger turbo making it so loud.

Why are they so strict at bedford Conley? I wouldn't of thought the Ti system to be that loud?

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yer liquidf1 iirc told me he got pulled at bedford with his ti... Didnt realise they were that loud?

I dont get the whole db thing either. Surely if a 3" decat is 98db static it would be loads louder at say 4-5000k driveby?

·
Registered
5,203 Posts
Cheers Matty. I thought It was louder than that but then I can barely remember last week never mind last summer!

Bedford is 87.5db drive by at 20m so you could be ok with the 3" decated system? It's difficult to tell though as the db scale is weird. Maybe not going on what Conley says!

Yeah Joe is running a screamer but it sounds the same as when he didn't have it TBH. Must just be the bigger turbo making it so loud.

Why are they so strict at bedford Conley? I wouldn't of thought the Ti system to be that loud?
Bedford has a very active local anti-noise community backed up with a vigilant local council checking noise stats.

Bedford also has issues with their static mic positions. The wrong wind direction and a bit of full bore induction/exh noise on something near the limits can easily trigger the drive by limits.

If you are smart and have just passed the static and you know where the mics are :yes[1]: you can work around them with a bit of lifting but.......they have a mobile drive by noise checker they will deploy if they sense you are playing a tactical game.

Many people have been nailed there (and continue to be) with systems other circuits don't care about.

·
Premium Member
4,798 Posts
What about the 3" system with the extra silencer from k-tec or maybe try paul at rst as he's trying to reduce noise in his car for track days?

Or what about universal bungs for the tailpipes, to reduce noise?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts