Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I know it was mentioned on a separate post off topic but thought I'd post here. My warranty is coming upto needing renewing, was wondering if any one else is in same position and if possible try for group buy at discounted rate...
Anyone interested?

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have given this some thought and yes I would be interested! Mine is 3-years old the end of January. (Where do we stand if the car has had a little track use?)

·
Registered
370 Posts
I have given this some thought and yes I would be interested! Mine is 3-years old the end of January. (Where do we stand if the car has had a little track use?)
Track use shouldn't be a problem as thats what it was built for! I would also be interested in the warranty, as mine is up at the end of January too.

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
I would be interested also, when I spoke to Renault dealer last time i had mine serviced they said that I could not extend due to me missing the extension cut off date. Mine is 3years old in feb 2012.

·
Meganesport Area Rep - South West
6,404 Posts
you wont get a group buy from renault as its unwritten by another company all really tried it and spoke to the top chap

·
Registered
989 Posts
i gave up with the warranty its quicker and hassle free to sort it out myself none of the local dealerships have a clue what there talking about!

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
I would be interested also, when I spoke to Renault dealer last time i had mine serviced they said that I could not extend due to me missing the extension cut off date. Mine is 3years old in feb 2012.
Hello Carl, is this dealer extended or Renault extended? Mines 5 years old in feb and Renault have just sent a letter to extend for an additional year.

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
Hello Carl, is this dealer extended or Renault extended? Mines 5 years old in feb and Renault have just sent a letter to extend for an additional year.
Hi John, Yes this was renault extended, not sure if this is correct though after talking to others.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
When Looking at extending warranty, did you go to a dealer and extend or go to Renault online services and extend via that?? I have never extended warranty before myself, I received a call from olympic warranties however they seemed to have limited cover. Above a member mentioned a sub company actin on renaults behalf. Which is best?

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
So none of the r owners have got the standard letter from Renault (or Renault letter headed paper) for 1 year or 2 years extended warranty? I got one for my r26 at 3 years old and took the 2 year option. I think it was £72 for 10 months. 5 years old 1st march and just got an offer to extend for a further year at £57 per month.
Cover available upto 8 years old or 100k.

·
Registered
49 Posts
So none of the r owners have got the standard letter from Renault (or Renault letter headed paper) for 1 year or 2 years extended warranty? I got one for my r26 at 3 years old and took the 2 year option. I think it was £72 for 10 months. 5 years old 1st march and just got an offer to extend for a further year at £57 per month.
Cover available upto 8 years old or 100k.
i havnt received anything, i didnt even know you were able to do it until i looked here!

·
Premium Member
2,457 Posts
Mine's 3 years old next month - going to extend the warranty for a further 2 years.

Planning on selling the car later this year so i see it as a plus for any potential purchaser.

Made a huge difference when i sold my last car, the extended warranty, got market rate and it was gone within a week. People seem to like piece of mind, and will pay for it.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Mine's 3 years old next month - going to extend the warranty for a further 2 years.

Planning on selling the car later this year so i see it as a plus for any potential purchaser.

Made a huge difference when i sold my last car, the extended warranty, got market rate and it was gone within a week. People seem to like piece of mind, and will pay for it.
Did you get a letter saying your warranty was about to expire? Mine is out of warranty now and didnt receive anything like I did when I had my R26.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts