Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi from a potential new owner. Been trying to sort out a deal etc and the dealer told me that the new facelift model that's due around April/may will have a sport mode button which increases power from the standard 250 to 265 bhp, As well as some other cosmetic stuff, is this correct? Sorry if this has been mentioned already as I'm new to the forum, thanks

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello mate and welcome to the forum. Yeah that's all true, take a look at this link for the details;

http://www.meganesport.net/community/showthread.php?t=54443
thanks for the welcome, yes i done some more searching and found my aswers cheers. took one out today and loved it, dealers are getting back to me with figures, hopefully soon. btw is there going to be an increase in price on the new facelift 250 over the current model? i assume there will be, cheers

·
Premium Member
2,501 Posts
Looks like it mate. Ya should get a good deal on a 250 at the moment, no doubt they have stock left they want to shift before the new one arrives around April, you hanging on for a new type??

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks like it mate. Ya should get a good deal on a 250 at the moment, no doubt they have stock left they want to shift before the new one arrives around April, you hanging on for a new type??
hi mate, i thought that but got offered 1 deal and its not that good tbh. the car im after is the standard sport but with 19 steev wheels and led day lights in black, got offered 10500 for mine which to be fair is about right, but they wanted another 14000 to change making the car 24500, which is not a lot off rrp, obviously i declined and been in touch with other dealer so we'll wait and see.

·
Events Co-ordinator
1,347 Posts
Hi mate you should be able to get a better deal than that then you could also have a trip to rs tuning for a map and that should give you around 307bhp

·
Events Co-ordinator
1,347 Posts
Wanner 69 try getting in touch with Dave peate of lookers Chester they have a 265 trophy at a very good price
tell him Nigel from wrexham got you to call him im sure he will do you a very good deal

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wanner 69 try getting in touch with Dave peate of lookers Chester they have a 265 trophy at a very good price
tell him Nigel from wrexham got you to call him im sure he will do you a very good deal
Hi Nigel, yes that's who I spoke with yesterday mate, 14k cost to change, so not very good. Been in touch with some other dealers to see if they can do better

·
Registered
286 Posts
I got circa £3k off list of a fully specced 250 from Tones Hartlepool back in June, list price was over £30k

As Nick mentioned, I think there'll be deals to be had soon though as dealers look to offload stock before the 265 is launched.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Been offered a demo, 1000 miles, 5 mths old with 19" wheels and visibility pack, my car plus 10k making the 250 about 21k but it's in white and I want a black one, hard to find at the mo for my budget. With the new pricing being announced in 2 weeks for the facelift model, I think I'll hang on cos the dealers will want to shift the pre model. A dealer has told me that.

·
Premium Member
2,501 Posts
I would def hold on mate, I can imagine your itching to get hold of one, it will be worth the wait though.

Why not try selling yours privately whilst you wait, could get lucky and then get an even better deal😉

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I would def hold on mate, I can imagine your itching to get hold of one, it will be worth the wait though.

Why not try selling yours privately whilst you wait, could get lucky and then get an even better deal😉
Yes in no rush nick, the dealer told me to hang on too, unless it's a really good deal I don't mind keeping my type r for now, even though I really liked it the 250 i sometimes think is it really worth my car which is only 2yrs 5 mths old and another 10k plus for something thats not too dissimilar. Mmm decisions.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Me again, 61 plate in white with 19" Steev wheels and visibility pack low mileage, possibly between £19-20k, is this a reasonable price, it's a 5 months old demo. Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,501 Posts
Is it cup packed mate? Would still hang on if I were you, easier said than done I know!

You after an exact spec?

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Is it cup packed mate? Would still hang on if I were you, easier said than done I know!

You after an exact spec?
Cheers for replying nick, don't want the cup really, prefer the leather heated seats etc, spec wise I really want the 19" wheels and led running lights, that's it really. May go and have a look at the white one this weekend but they'll really need to sell it to me

·
Premium Member
2,501 Posts
You can have both mate, mines electric leather seats, visi pack, 19"s and RS monitor plus cup chassis.

There's the basic cup model with the chassis but no leather or the full fat model as it gets called with leather and you can have the cup chassis as an option. Worth it IMO just for the red Brembos alone.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I'd always be cautious with ex demo cars as they're highly to have been given a good hiding from cold on a routine basis. When I tested a Clio 200 they took it out of the showroom with 25 miles on the clock and let me give it a good hiding

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
yes thats the only thing, but financially saving about 6k off a new one for a 4mth old car make sense. Ive always bought new cars but im 43 now and finally realising how much ive lost in depreciation over the years, let someone else take the hit.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts