Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my 3" decat today. Is the KTR one supposed to come with any fixing bolts? Would of thought it would as the miltek does. Also Are the sides of the pipe supposed to be pushed in slightly where the mounting holes are? Difficult to see on this pic but think you can get the idea,

The other side is normal,

·
Premium Member
216 Posts
I have the KTR decat, iirc it came with everything required for installation.

Edit: this was for a 250 though...

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I thought that jonesy as it still looks a tight fit for the bolts. Don't think I've got any m8 bolts at home to try. It just looked wrong the way it was pushed in.

Cheers jay cee. It's the same decat so ill get in touch with ktr. Out of interest, can you remember if yours was pushed in slightly for the bolts to fit?

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cheers mate. I've just checked the pic on KTR's site and it does look the same, just not as apparent when it's not pointed out. Just need to sort some bolts out.

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
As long as I can still drive around normally I'll be happy with it to be mental when booting it. I've always said I'm not a fan of loud zorsts, too much attention for me when it's not wanted.

Correct Jme allthough I doubt it'll make that much if any difference for a car running the power most will go for. TBH the 2.75 milltek decat I had here would of been fine but thought I'd keep the exhaust system all 3".

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
Ive got the RS tuning 3'' Decat and its a mental bit of kit. Ive got the K-tec 3'' System along with it, nice growl when driving normal and a roar when you boot it, I can get some vids for you if you want.

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Cheers Matty. I've seen a few vids but it's difficult to tell from crap recording devices. On idle I've heard a decatted system and it's not much if any louder so hopefully when driven sensibly should be ok.

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
As long as I can still drive around normally I'll be happy with it to be mental when booting it. I've always said I'm not a fan of loud zorsts, too much attention for me when it's not wanted.

Correct Jme allthough I doubt it'll make that much if any difference for a car running the power most will go for. TBH the 2.75 milltek decat I had here would of been fine but thought I'd keep the exhaust system all 3".
Hmm maybe no need for the 3" system at all then, it is a big thing with the Focus'/Astras for maximum Hp gain possible, but after reading about the possible unreliability of the Meg engine i'll just be sticking with a brand i can trust, the Milltek i think.

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The focus and astras seem to na able to push bigger power than the meg can so I see there need. A 2.75" system can flow 300bhp but can the engine take the torque.

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
LOL, I'm just keeping it real and there's no real need for it in most applicatons. Each to there own though as there's not much difference in prices so you may aswell go for the 3" system. It sounds beter down the pub innit ;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts