Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone recommend a sensibly priced place to buy these from? I'd been keeping an eye on MyTyres.co.uk where they'd been a rather attractive £116 ea (+ fitting, del). Now that I've got around to trying to buy some, they've been removed...

Demontweeks have them, but for £50 a corner more :dazed002: with fitting on top.

I read somewhere that there's a bit of a shortage in Semi slicks - people don't really want them over the Winter months, so they are often run down & ultimately sold out...

Cheers,

·
Club Member
7,528 Posts
I use same tyre but in a 225 and I get them from Camskill, I was only saying the other day that I bet my tyres don't have them , bit obvious really at that price

Steve

·
Registered
180 Posts
I bought them for that price from my tyres :). Couldnt quite believe it but called them and they confirmed and delivered.

What tyre pressures are suitible for the road with these?

·
Registered
989 Posts
as these any good cause ive been told there no better than a quality road tyre ie p-zero or pilot sport?

·
Club Member
7,528 Posts
Lol, there a track day tyre who told you that dale , someone that knows nothing about tyres I should think, I've had no problems plenty of grip last longer than the 888s and are great on the road, oh yeh there about £60 cheaper than a 888 they suit me anyway

·
Registered
989 Posts
im not thick I know there a so called "track tyre" they look far to cut that's all more like a wet than anythin! Dont think ill be brave and shy away from the a048's!

·
Premium Member
1,783 Posts
im not thick I know there a so called "track tyre" they look far to cut that's all more like a wet than anythin! Dont think ill be brave and shy away from the a048's!
They look more like the old goodyear f1 tread pattern,certainly nothing like a normal sparsly cut semi alick.

·
Club Member
7,528 Posts
That's cool dale stick to what you like and suits yourself, I've gave you my opinion on them and from your reply I can't see why you asked really when you have no intension changing which I don't blame you , I may try the 048s one day when they come down to better price, all I'm saying is the RSRs suit me just fine and I think their great value for money and I'm no means calling you thick, cheers mate

Steve

1 - 12 of 12 Posts