Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As some of you may remember I bent the rods on my stage 2 r26. I have built a new forged engine with a hybrid turbo.
Now I started it today and it won't idle properly and is over fuling, now its displaying similar systems that a car with a boost leak would have. I've checked all hose and inlet manifold and all is ok. I went 0.5 oversize pistons could it be that it needs to be mapped to suit the oversize. I plan on getting rs tuning to map it once I've run it In but don't want to damage it. I have a hybrid turbo with a forge actuator does anyone know how it should be set up? Because on the road it's gutless !!

Gavin

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Engine revs up lovely, sounds perfect just when it come back to idle it Boggs Down then cuts out.

·
Premium Member
911 Posts
I'm pretty sure another lad that went forged had idling problems but he went for different cams etc which was the problem?! Has it run for long? Lifters emptied of oil??

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm running standard cams just forged piston and rods and a hybrid. It's run for a good few hours now, the tappits where noise at first till they filled up but it sounds lovely. Took the plugs and and it's over fueling!

·
Premium Member
911 Posts
Are the injectors ok?? Stage 2 eats them and it may have been the cause of your bent rods in the first place. I know I put 2 sets in 12 months. Other than that. Temp sensor faulty or air lock around it causing it to run on "choke"??

·
Premium Member
911 Posts
Not necessarily no, it will just think the engines cold all the time so compensate with more fuel.

·
Premium Member
911 Posts
Not really mate, I know they should be set up properly. I'm not sure I've heard of anyone bolting a hybrid on and driving it before a map. Your best bet would be to talk to Paul at RStuning. Also a code reader would be handy for you otherwise it will be s process of elimination which can be costly and time consuming.

·
Premium Member
2,230 Posts
Set your actuator up so it is half a hole short of the arm. Then pull the actuator arm till the pin & hole line up. That should give you a good base pre load.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts