Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys i have a few minor issues with my new 250 and would like your input, i puchased it last saturday and when i went to pick it up it was parked up against the showroom window so could only have a quick look around it before taking it away and all seemed well, however when i got home i had a proper look around it and noticed ;

a small chip just below the nsr tail light
both rear tail lights keep getting heavy condensation in them
the osf brake caliper has paint chipped away on the top of the caliper

(I have tried uploading photos but the are too small to tell the faults, the images work fine on my pc but when uploaded to photo bucket they cannot be enlarged or resized)

my question is can i go back to my dealer and tell them the faults and hope they will rectify them or will they tell me just to 'jog on'?

many thanks James

·
Premium Member
2,501 Posts
Hi James. I would say it can't hurt to go back. Did they go round the car with you? Did you buy it new or used?

I had a problem with one of the rear lights misting up on mine and the removed it and vented it (drilled a small hole in the rear of the unit) I've had no problems since.

Who's your dealer?

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Yeah go back and show them the list of defects asap, they will sort it, if not contact renault uk they will sort the dealer for you.

·
Registered
75 Posts
If new take it back.
If used you should have already had a good look round it. Doubt they'll do anything cosmetic for you after the sale.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I bought it as a new one from a renault dealer in boston bud, i will ring them tomorrow, i know it will be only sales but atleast they will have a record of me phoning.

he didnt really go around it with me, just the controlls and functions inside, like you said no harm it trying. just state the faults and ask what can be done?

·
Premium Member
2,501 Posts
If its new def go back, a decent dealer should sort those problems out no problem. If you have a problem def go to Renault UK they are always really helpful in my experience 😉

Best of luck mate.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Was it Crystal at Boston? If so, they are normally ok, as its new then it should be A1. As for Reno UK, they really are the dogs wobbly bits. Used 'em twice before and got £750 knocked off the 250 we bought plus a new headlight (to be fitted nxt wk) coz the one fitted mists up and is not covered by warranty. They really do give the dealers stick if you express how disappointed you are.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
yeah it was crystal buddy, tbh alex the salesperson is a sound bloke so will ring tomorrow as i havnt heard anything about my rs mats yet :/ i hope it can get sorted as the place where the chip is on the nsr is right under the light cluster and i cant see me having caused this, also the caliper damage is the same :( i noticed a damaged caliper on a jcw mini on pdi at work and just replaced it so hopefully the same can be done :)

oh finally i can upload a couple of pics to show the damage...

caliper

paint chip

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
called the dealer today and they requested that i should call back monday to talk to a service advisor, so i will keep you updated.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts