Megane Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys.
I need some advice on oil changes. I have a full fat with Cup pack. It is 05 plate and has 7,500 miles on the clock. The spanner is flashing on the dash computer and their is a message saying that the oil needs to be changed (the level is fine).
My question is whether this is usual for this model and if so how should I approach this bearing in mind that the mileage is low for a first service.

Thanks

·
Registered
5,432 Posts
Maybe pop into your local dealership and get them to check it under warranty.

7500 miles does seem quite a low number for it to ask for a service. :?

G

·
Didn't someone say that the 225 had a sensor in the oil? Maybe the if you've been hitting the redline alot then the oil is in need of a change and the sensor picked that up. I know that oil that came out of mine at about 8000 miles was filthy. There wasn't any spanner flashing though.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am not sure that the spanner is related to the oil - I am just presuming so. I cannot understand why the car is only 6-7 months old and is asking for an oil change with a spanner flashing on the dash. I am reluctant to ask my local dealership (or any that is) because they generally know less than I do.

·
Site Admin
20,189 Posts
Nick the Greek said:
Didn't someone say that the 225 had a sensor in the oil? Maybe the if you've been hitting the redline alot then the oil is in need of a change and the sensor picked that up. I know that oil that came out of mine at about 8000 miles was filthy. There wasn't any spanner flashing though.
It was me. Found that out from a renault dealership.

G

·
Changed mine last week it is the worst one i have done yet , the oil came out like it was being pumped out then the filter was tricky to get out and then the filler is very difficult cause it is on an angle .... mine was at 7500 when i changed too ....

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Topper

Did you carry out the change yourself, or did a garage do it.
If yourself, how will it effect the first service?

G

·
mike_d225 said:
Just make sure you use Renault parts, that way they won't notice :wink:
Not only that but i phoned them and asked and they said that there is no effect on warranty if you use Renault approved parts. Doesn't have to be a Renault part just approved by them but for the price from Renault i'd just buy them from the stealer. Just been checking out the prices cause i'm getting the oil changed soon. Here's the price list:
£5.91 + VAT for Oil Filter
90p + VAT for Sumb Washer
£20 + VAT for 5ltrs of fully synthetic oil

Total £31.51 including VAT and theres a how to guide somewhere on here.

·
Premium Member
3,590 Posts
jonseal said:
you'll need 5 litres of oil just to let you know ;)
6 Actually :wink:

Just done mine with ELF Excellium 5w 40 fully synthetic. Renault also offered some new ELF Solaris 5w 30 but i think the Excellium better suits the 225. As for sensors in the oil. Pretty sure that is bollocks as they count either 12k or 12 months. Or 18k and 24 i believe.

Paul

1 - 20 of 21 Posts