Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did my first track day in the Cup a couple of weeks ago at Cadwell Park. Bugger me, they're good fun! Flogged the poor car for 5 hours in 15-20 minute stints and it was bloody fantastic!

The big brakes were a hoot on the tight corners and even with the hills on Cadwell, the car felt really quick all day. A day of 11mpg with all pads and tyres intact!

Spent the day with a Pug 205, 200SX, Cerbera, modded Scooby, Mk1 MR2 and a Caterham superlight. Got minced by the TVR and Caterham, but racing the Scooby was good fun, mostly because his car was a fair bit quicker and it was a hoot racing a more powerful 4WD with a crap driver, Because I'm Sebastien Loeb, obviously! Okay, so I kept up with him for 4 laps and was then so fooked that I had to pull off and calm down!

Spent £100 on track day insurance (might have been fleeced there - any advice?), but when I flew off the last corner before the main straight at 70mph onto the wet grass, I was bloody glad I had done!

Anyway, drove home at 60mph knackered with a big grin, car intact and a much clearer idea about what the car's all about..... :D

Go on, you know you want to! Anybody going to any of the Renaultsport days or got any other track day experiences?!

·
Premium Member
12,190 Posts
I'llbe doing the odd track day once i get my 225,

I did a day's racing in a 225 at brandshatch was great fun, they handle really well on the track as you know!

·
Founder
8,209 Posts
I did bruntigthorpe last year (at the french car show) just a 45 min session, managed to hold my own against more track orientated cars like 205 mi16s etc was a good laugh

·
Premium Member
984 Posts
I have booked in to attend the renaultsport track day at brands hatch on the 21 st august :lol:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts