Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
have noticed on a few cars nowadays they have some sort of intelligent braking lights, that come into action under really heavy braking?

basically when you break really hard the all the rear lights flash intermittently im guessing to alert the driver behind of the potential danger in front?? ive witnessed this first hand as a BMW slammed on its brakes infront of me the other day obviously i was alert and braked aswell but all his rear lights start flashing? maybe it comes on with the ebd under heavy load or is the ebd always present when braking? i have no answers for this at all can anyone enlighten me? ::)

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have done mate! Not really a decent explanation on it or what it is! I'm guessing you
Need LEDS for it!

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I personally like it too! But if a conversion for the meg was available I don't think I'd fit it purely incase it failed on me!

·
Registered
57 Posts
if you brake hard enough and you decelerate to a very slow speed.
also why on the track the hazards don't come on when you brake hard around corners.

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
Yes lots of cars do this that i have seen, my old RS did the hazards, my friends Astra VXR's both flash the brake lights. LEDs are not required.

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
Isnt this initiated by the ABS kicking in?

Either way My last Astra had the flashing 3rd brake light but I personally never saw it

1 - 15 of 15 Posts