Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just got back from 6 months in Afghanistan and although I used the car during R&R it's been sat still in the garage since mid Sep unused.

Popped into the garage last night to fire it up and it's as flat as a witches tit. Even the doors didnt unlock, the passenger side was unlocked fortunately.

On looking inside I found it full of kids shyte, wrappers etc (missus was last to drive it and stick in the garage after she took be to the airport), anyway on investigation it is apparant the the rear interior light was left on (kids!!!).

It's on trickle charge now and has been since last night. Charger lights are still on red/amber so far from ready yet.

Is there anything I need to be aware of when it's charged and it comes back to life - if I dont have to replace the battery of course.

·
Premium Member
1,449 Posts
I had quiet same problem with my Corsa OPC/VXR when i had already Megane, but wasnt able to sell the Corsa, so it was 6 months in garage, sometimes i went for 30 km run to keep everithing working, but the charger need just "few" hrs to put the battery back to service (after 3 months of parking) cant there be wrong something other ?

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
You will need to reset the one touch windows....

Close all windows and hold the switchs in the up position for circa 10 seconds.

The clock also will need set.

Thats about it.

The battery doesn't need to be fully charged on the trickle. Just enough to start the car, then take it for a half are blast. Wil be as good as new.

·
Meganesport Area Rep - South West
6,404 Posts
Don't need to reset Windows or radio on megane 3 just the clock .
Battery will be dead I expect

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Does this ^^^^^ mean the battery will be goosed.

Got it started this morning, slaving from the missus car with jump leads. Been out
for a drive to get fuel,had to slave it again in tescos car park but its getting better with time.

Will stick the condiitioner/charger on each night for the next week or so.

On another note, it was a bit hesitant at high revs earlier, engine was sufficiently warmed too. Is this a result of being sat still for a while?

·
Premium Member
5,759 Posts
It'll probably be dead, i've seen very few survive that.

On the hesistant side quiet possibly, sitting for long periods of time is one thing that ruins cars very quickly (or not as the case may be).

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Winner.

New battery to be purchased then and at £130 that means that the kids will now have less for Christmas. That'll learn them.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Update.

I've been out and about in it this afternoon/evening.

Seems to have sorted itself out, starts fine now everytime. Will condition it for the next week to be sure.

·
Registered
758 Posts
why dont you leave conditioner on whilst away , if you have a good charger\conditioner it will keep battery in top condition all time

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm back now, for at least the next 6-12 months anyway.

The conditioner is usually left on my race battery, for my track car. I didn't expect the missus/kids to leave the interior light on when she garaged it for 3 months.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts