Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone heard of a lightened fly wheel being developed.

I ask as I have just driven from 120 miles to Heathrow, and found that my wife's FF does not lose speed very quickly when running on a trailing throttle.

I had this mod done to a previous car, and it definately helped the engine to rev more aggresively.

I presume renault engineered it that so it would not fall out of the peak torque zone.

·
Founder
8,209 Posts
somone mentioned about the slow run down the meg has before, I said it would probably be the size or weight of the flywheel, maybe get in touch with quaife or someone like that?

·
Registered
178 Posts
although the weight of the flywheel is a factor in dropping revs, i think it has more to do with the engine management. its set up that way so a normal speed upshift will be less jerky. if the revs dropped too fast it would be bad for normal drivers, who dont change gears as fast as we do :twisted:

·
Registered
227 Posts
A lightened flywheel can start to cause a rough tickover as you no longer have the mass and you feel the strokes of the four pistons if lightened too much. but it does make for a revy engine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts