Megane Sport Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night i was out driving in the dark after a day of heavy rain and should have known better
Driving my Focus which thank god i had just put Goodyear winter tyres on the front that Saturday.

Came round a corner not paying enough attention to the road when all of a sudden i could see i was about to hit 4 inches od standing water covering the whole road.

I had no time to brake,so i grasped the steering wheel as tight as i could and hit the water at 60mph.

To my amazement the front just went through normal as the winter tyres have lots of very deep cuts in them.The back however,with normal bridgestones on did not!!

The water picked up the back of the car and i have to apply 45 degrees of lock left and right to keep the car straight,very frightening.

If i didn't have the winter tyres on the front to plow through,god only knows what would have happened.

Just goes to show,its the silly mistakes that can cost you dear..

·
Premium Member
996 Posts
As Above, get the rears changed pronto!!! Your wife may not be as handy behind the wheel as you Andy, so i'd get it booked in sharpish. P,s Good skills :)

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
Agree with Bahnstormer and Corey, you should have winters all round, as the grip difference will be huge. My sister-in-law had winters only on the front and found herself doing pirouettes...

·
Premium Member
1,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Why did you only have winter tyres on the front? Bad move.
Because fkn camskill only had 2 goodyear super 8`s in stock.
Am waiting for the others on back order.

Im glad thet were on the front at the time!!

If they take to long,i will have to bung on something else.
Its just the goodyear is a new tyre with poll topping results.

·
Premium Member
1,449 Posts
Because fkn camskill only had 2 goodyear super 8`s in stock.
Am waiting for the others on back order.

Im glad thet were on the front at the time!!

If they take to long,i will have to bung on something else.
Its just the goodyear is a new tyre with poll topping results.
i just hope with current situation with rubber you dont will be waiting for them till April...

for that reason i have different mark on front/rear winter tires on my meg, its really hard to find those sizes over here, during the year once the front are already dead, but rear are still OK...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts