Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What springs should I be running for stage 1 boost? The parts came off a stg2 car so they should have the yellow springs in which leads to my second question. How do I strip them down? I can then confirm what spring is in each and give them a clean as the recirc looks rather oily inside.

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers Daz. I knew it was yellow for st2, just double checking it was ok for st1.

I've got my actuator apart now and things are abit dirty. I'm not sure if the spring is yellow or green as It's covered in a fair amount of crap. I'll clean it all up before rebuilding it.
What oil is best to use and on what parts?

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
well im sticking the yellow on in on my st and i got told rule of thump remap = yellow spring, im running 1.1 bar boost at the mo

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Where do I apply the oil mark?

Yeah, yellow will be fine Daz for my 1.2 bar.

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You should be using the yellow spring budgie.

Cheers Mark. I'll get hold of some sewing machine oil. Whilst your here, do you have a stamp for the service book? I'm just waiting on this ITG kit then will sort something out.

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Good good. Just making sure as it's something potential owners will look for come sale time. I ordered the oil and filter yesterday. As I say, Just waiting for the ITG kit so I'll have all the mods on then and I can try and get to RST the same day.

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It's just to hold onto a higher boost pressure Budgie. Have you tested what it's boosting at? The green spring is only rated to about 1 bar and yours should be running around 1.2 bar.

Valve Spring color coding (estimate guide only):
Green - 5-15 PSI
Yellow - 15-23 PSI
Blue - 23-30 PSI
Red - 30 + PSI

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yes. Should come in a set if there anything like the actuator ones. About 20 odd quid iirc.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts