Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Evening all,

Unfortunately I've just been involved in a minor bump in the Meg which has damaged the front bumper quite badly. Does anyone know where I can source a front bumper from, or how much I'll be looking at for one?

I'll have to put the car into Renault on Monday to check for any damage, but it doesn't look too bad and thankfully no-one was injured.

Cheers,

Rhod

·
Premium Member
1,426 Posts
Sorry to hear about the car, like you said at leave nobody was hurt! You can sometimes find bumpers kicking around on here an eBay but they are very rare tbh, renault may be the only answer as that where I got mine cost loads tho! £800 all in I think

·
Premium Member
2,945 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Sorry to hear that.
I would only go with an origional though, and that 225 one is for a phase 1.

You can use a phase 2 225 bumper, or a 230 bumper, they are all the same :)

·
Registered
148 Posts
keep checking ebay as already mentioned. you might have to wait a while for one to come at a reasonable price, i paid £120 for a used r26 bumper in good condition but looked at loads for £200+

·
Premium Member
1,426 Posts
Yours will be a phase 2 so a 225 one will not fit, needs to be an r26 and never seen one on eBay. Loads of old 225 ones on there tho

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the replies gents. Unfortunately I can't wait too long for something to come up on eBay as I need the car back on the road asap. Will probably have to bite the bullet and go through Renault if I can't find anything through cliospares or similar.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the replies gents. Unfortunately I can't wait too long for something to come up on eBay as I need the car back on the road asap. Will probably have to bite the bullet and go through Renault if I can't find anything through cliospares or similar.
Phoned the stealers today for a quote: £220 + VAT; so not too bad at all.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Quick question chaps...miraculously the fog light has somehow survived the impact. Am I able to remove both fog lights from the damaged bumper and replace them into the new bumper?

Cheers,

Rhod

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Gents, bit of help needed pretty sharpish!

I'm having the new bumper sprayed and fitted by a local bodyshop today and it looks as though the impact has dislodged or snapped a bracket needed to secure the top of the bumper to the bottom of the headlight assembly.

Does anyone know if that bracket comes as part of the whole headlight assembly or separately?

Cheers!

Rhod

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Just done something simlar yesterday, while the insurance battles it out im geting qoutes as dont want to claim, just to confirm a phase 2 bumper wil not fit my phase 1 225? Wil check my under tray later, hopefuly get up on the ramp at my local garage, i knw the plastic wheel arch liner is cracked, just glad my rad and FMIC and carbon bonnet seem to have survived. Gutted tho.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Found out (eventually) that the bracket with the securing lugs comes as a separate part and costs around £20. I phoned three different Renault dealerships in South Wales and they all told me that the bracket came as part of the whole headlight assembly (£120+VAT); so saved myself a hundred bucks.

Oh and Renault Swansea are a complete shower of **** FWIW.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts