Megane Sport Forum banner

front wheelspin, can i find a limited slip dif??

2K views 18 replies 6 participants last post by  asmith225 
G
#1 ·
i really bothers me a lot.
Does anyone knows about a limited slip diferential for the 225?
I cant bear with the traction control kicking in when exiting a corner and losing tons of grip.
HELP!!!
rgds

#4 ·
if you get a diff you want an ATB. i dont know what the down sides are too them but im amazed FWD performance cars dont come with them as they can offer exellent grip when exiting corners or powering round slippy roundabouts.
the megane 225 was meant to have a cleaver electronic diff but i dont know if thats just a fancy ESP program or something more advanced, either way its not that great at stopping wheel spin.
the roads are slippy but i think for all the future tuners with at least 267bhp with single RS-Tuning remap only and the slightly more eager tuners with FMIC, Zorst, Induction + Remap with near 300bhp + 280`ish lbft in a middle weight fwd hatchback there will be a need to have a LSD for 1/4mile and perhaps decent road use if you want to be able to use the first 3 gears even a bit in less than perfect conditions.

there usually at least £800-£1000 and i dont think that includes fitting probably why manufacurers stick to cheaper alternatives like ESP/TC software solutions.

having said that the most hardcore hatchback has one fitted FocusRS not most powerfull but certainley the hardest machine much more track focused than say a vxr or golf gti so ford knew what they were doing, a 225 would really benefit imo.

edit* the only thing i remember a diff being bad for is potholes, if for a split second the wheel stops/slows over a pothole the other wheel gets more traction making the handling for experts only it could catch you out when just bustling your way home on a B road at over 60-70 bannana`s and are v.tired and your not totally in tune with the road conditions

think the term is BUMP STEER ?

still think it would be cool for most other times though a bit expensive

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

G
#6 ·
I have had the car for 12 days now.
It feels great but i am hoping for a LSD. Lots of bump steer there.
Is it really that hard for the automakers to equip powerull front drives with and LSD?? I can't get it.
rgds

G
#16 ·
This is the answer that i got from Quaife Eng.
Maybe we can pull together and hope to add up to 10 units and they will make it.
Dear Sirs,

Thank you for your email regarding an LSD for a Megane 225.
Unfortunately we do not manufacture this product. We can manufacture it
if a minimum quantity of x10 units are ordered and a sample unit would
be required from you.

If we can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to get
back in touch, and thank you for your interest in Quaife products.

Kind Regards

Fiona Hobbs

On behalf of the sales team

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.