Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My RS250 Cup has the low fuel warning light on, and has about 35 miles left in range when it suddenly goes to 0 ?? Is this normal ?? Also can anyone tell me what's the most miles they've got when the range goes to 0 ?? Cheers

·
Registered
132 Posts
My RS250 Cup has the low fuel warning light on, and has about 35 miles left in range when it suddenly goes to 0 ?? Is this normal ?? Also can anyone tell me what's the most miles they've got when the range goes to 0 ?? Cheers
Funnily enough, mine does this too. Feels like the the light comes on during one trip. Then the next time i get in the car, all of a sudden it's practically empty. I just put it down to the effect i've observed in all cars i've owned so car, and that is that the first quarter of the fuel gauge goes down about 10 times slower than the last quarter.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Same on all Reno's, miles left jumps to zero once the light comes on, its a failsafe to stop people running it down to the last mile and dragging all the crap up from the bottom of the fuel tank. Reno think that if you don't know how many miles you've got left then you'll fill up and not run it dry.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Same on all Reno's, miles left jumps to zero once the light comes on, its a failsafe to stop people running it down to the last mile and dragging all the crap up from the bottom of the fuel tank. Reno think that if you don't know how many miles you've got left then you'll fill up and not run it dry.
I suppose that's a good thing, although it's nice to know how long you've got before she starts coughing

·
Registered
337 Posts
I pushed 47 mile from ----- but **** it and filled up before it ran out as i was on the m/way, i will check it one day though and let you know, Im also going to see whats the very best you can get out of a full tank and post my progress up, just un-sure what fuel i should use for the test

Giz

·
Registered
132 Posts
i was complaining about this already some time ago

http://www.meganesport.net/community/showthread.php?43965-Fed-up-from-fuel-gauge-and-BC-...

best way for me is to erase BC after each refuling(full tank) and watch till the "used fuel" goes to 59 L (full tank) so I am refuling roughly once about 56 L is burned, with this i can sometimes can do 350-370 miles a tank :)
For some reason i thought the capacity was 55L. When i last filled it up i think i put about 52 in - shortly after the lamp came on and it started reading ---- as the range. I had been thinking that was pretty close to empty - good to know i had another 8L left to play with!

·
Premium Member
1,449 Posts
For some reason i thought the capacity was 55L. When i last filled it up i think i put about 52 in - shortly after the lamp came on and it started reading ---- as the range. I had been thinking that was pretty close to empty - good to know i had another 8L left to play with!
I find the infromations about 59L in user manual, as also if you check my refuelings you can find i put few times 57L into tank ;)

http://www.spritmonitor.de/en/detail/423499.html

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
I notice the light tends to kick in at 35 miles to go. Then instead of going below 30 it seems to just go to 0 immediately. Probably a good thing since it means I slow to 50mph and fill up asap when it happens. Still, it's annoying when you know you've got fuel left, but not quite sure how much.

·
Premium Member
1,449 Posts
I notice the light tends to kick in at 35 miles to go. Then instead of going below 30 it seems to just go to 0 immediately. Probably a good thing since it means I slow to 50mph and fill up asap when it happens. Still, it's annoying when you know you've got fuel left, but not quite sure how much.
yep exactly, so you cant complain at Renault, there was still 5 miles on BC but it actualy stoped 2 miles in front of petrol station,

according to my own research, once i erease the BC with each refuling (for full tank) the red light come on once is something about 50-51 L burned so once the red light come on there is still 8-9 !!! L in tank ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts