Megane Sport Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is this normal? I've had water in my door panels and needed to sort my drivers side reg out. I've had a look as to how the water could be getting in and all I can see Is a small gap in the seal at the bottom of the window but it's the same on the drivers and passenger side.

Normal?

·
Premium Member
1,503 Posts
I had a slight puddle in Mine mj and I think it's from driving with the windows not up fully and just leaking in without me knowing. Not had it recently and keeping and eye out for it.

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My door pocket was soaked when I took all the junk and CD's out. There was abit of water sitting inside the door aswell when I took the card off. My windows never get left part up, I always double lock it. I shone a torch into the small gap and it seems like it is just a hole going behind the door pannel so makes sense that the water is getting in there. I'll get a pic of the gap in the seal.

·
Premium Member
1,503 Posts
I meant come leaked in with windows open as I drive it, it's just a habit to have it a little bit down. Odd I know.

Yeah when you have a min post a pic and il compare it to mine.

Cheers

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is that normal then Lemon? There wasn't alot of water in the bottom of the door but the stuff the wires are wrapped in was soaked. There was water in the speaker connectors aswell as the window reg.

I'll get some pics to explain abit better. I'm just trying to see If this water is normal or anything I can do about it.

·
Premium Member
5,759 Posts
Yes its normal (in pretty much any car) for water to enter the interior of the doors. It'll probably be leaking into through the speaker appature, changed them at all? Fitted the stick on seals if you've changed to pioneers?

·
Meganesport Area Rep - South West
6,404 Posts
Yep as Ben says. There was a problem with the plastic weld at the back of the panel too. But the leak will be from the speaker

·
Premium Member
624 Posts
I had this so when changed to leather door cards got some plastic and covered both the reg and speaker with it. Not leaked since.

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I never knew that. I always assumed they were a sealed unit and kept water out. Anyway... Nope, not changed the speakers or even opened them up before the weekend. Where do I get the stick on seals from and how much?

What part of the speaker did you cover Eltel?

Just trying to figure out the best way to stop the water getting back in. I've been misting up alot recently so guessing this must of been the cause of the water coming in.

·
Premium Member
624 Posts
On the back of the door card from the join to the door hinge side across to otherside. Making sure I cover the whole of the speaker and reg.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts