Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Renault have now sent me pics, they are saying the gearbox being forced by a previous own has caused this damage (where is it)

If the box was damaged all that time ago why has it taken 12 months to fail, I have never had trouble selecting a gear, gears crunching??

I feel they are using this as massive excuse!! 65% is as good as its going to get I think

Will upload pictures when I get home

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
Have no idea what to look for in the photos, sorry. Have you been talking to the garage or direct to RUK? From my previous experience (Front discs cracked really badly) I got a much better resolution talking to RUK (75% of the costs to replace), by comparison the local Renault garage couldn't authorise anything like that kind of discount.

You might well struggle to get them to cover more than 65% of the cost, but if you are canny it should be possible to add a bunch of stuff that will sweeten the deal from your perspective. If you were thinking of changing the car in the new year / it needs new tyres then you could do well to ask for some other items that are valuable to you: i.e. a new set of tyres at trade price and fitted for free or a guaranteed trade in value of X for the car (could even trade it now), or if you decide to keep it then something like the next service free or cam belt service done at cost etc etc. Try to think of items that are of high value to you and low cost to them (Renault / the dealer). In my experience and in all the training I have been given, adding more items / variables into a negotiation increases your likelihood of coming to a deal where both you and the other party are satisfied.

Ultimately at the end of the day Renault will be keen that this is brought to a successful resolution (from both parties perspectives). I think some of RUK know what happens on some of the more popular Renault forums and the RS models are the halo cars for the brand.

Personally I would phrase the conversation something like this:
Thank you for your time, I am very disappointed that the gearbox in the car appears to have failed at such a young age and with so few miles, I wouldn't have expected this quality from the RenaultSport brand. If you are prepared to include (X,Y,Z - some of your wish list items above), then I would be prepared to accept your offer to cover 65% of the cost of the repair. In return I would be happy to post about the successful conclusion to the issue on the meganesport.net forum.

Good luck

·
Meganesport Area Rep - South West
6,404 Posts
Sorry long time since I seen pics of the inside. But that doesn't look to bad really

·
Premium Member
5,759 Posts
Terrible pictures but doesn't look to be a great deal wrong with that, could do with some decent high res ones though.

·
Events Co-ordinator
3,354 Posts
I can get my mate to look at pictures for you when he starts back in Jan !
He owns a gearbox repairs company who do lots of warranty work for all makes including renault. I take it it was sticking going into gear ?

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Got to let them know by the 28th, would be good though If he could check them out.. Already had somebody look at them, can't hurt can it?

Pm me ur email

1 - 12 of 12 Posts