Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been in touch with a company From Penrith who wrap all the Eddie Stobart wagons and also do all the M sport rally cars, getting the bonnet wrapped in carbon and also the spoiler - I was expecting the price to be rather expansive but was very supprised at the quote!

The carbon they use is like the 3m di-noc but more glossy, they sent me a sample and I was very impressed with it against the di-noc

So all booked in.... Can't wait!

·
Premium Member
4,523 Posts
I'm sure it will look good - how much did they quote you out of interest?
Glad it's you that's doing it - will give me a good idea of how mine will look with a Carbon bonnet

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I wanted a real carbon bonnet but cost came into it :-( after I was looking on the ktec website and was shocked by the £1k price tag.... unless you can get them cheaper?

Its costing fully fitted with a 2year warranty just short of £300

Daz- in 3 weeks time! they are very busy at the mo

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was thinking about doing the exact thing actually! but unsure if the vinyl would react with the lacquer? I know 3m stuff can't be lacquered.

but I personally think it looks great - have shown a few at work and they were very impressed with the looks

·
Premium Member
1,426 Posts
Don't think it can be lacquered. If you want it gloss then a carbon skin will be the best way, expensive tho.

·
Premium Member
1,426 Posts
K Tec ones do look the business too, if you don't mind the odd slight defect you could always look on ebay, K Tec sometimes sell some with really slight defects for peanuts.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Looks like hexsis easy flow from the pics.. They do a gloss with a slightly smaller weave. I have the I'd noc on my bonnet had it on for over a year and still looks ok.

Pics when done.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
^^^^ Have you got pics of the Di-noc on the bonnet

Naith - I would love the .R bonnet but when a price tag of 1k comes with it..... yeah its the best bonnet but could buy more things for car and house

·
www.rsmegane.com
11,432 Posts
not for all of it but whats that got to do with anything?

if its not real gib just leave the car as it it is, they look champion without cf wrapping.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I found a .R bonnet for sale...... sadly its got some slight damage for the cost! I don't think I would spend over £700 on a damaged one! are they easy to repair if damaged (just out of interest)

1 - 20 of 41 Posts