Megane Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone had there grills and vents done gloss black?...some will say it will look tacky when chips etc but if done right it shouldn't chip any more than the standard paint.....im having my roof done in the near future (again not everyones taste) and they have offered to do my grills front and back in the same quoted price....just after some pics really and a little advise although i'm quite stubborn and if i want it il still do it haha

·
Premium Member
2,230 Posts
I do mine with trim detailer & silicone spray. It makes em look gloss without the hassle of stone chips. It's bad enough having the bumper sprayed every 3 months....

·
Premium Member
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it shouldn't chip up to bad. and if it does its not going to stand out like a sore thumbs because its black underneath

·
Premium Member
1,426 Posts
I would like mine doing too, my roof Is black and very tempted to do this. I would imagine it would be a b***h to prep tho

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
Very little, (pennies) but its a nasty job to do, I did a mates front grill on his AStra VXR once and it took best part of 45 minutes

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
I put a thread up on this awhile back. I still fancy doing it but not sure how it would look.. Just waiting for some wlse to do it first so I know ;)

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
Anyone know the part numbers for new plastics and the cost? I'm considering just ordering the cheapest one to see how it looks once sprayed.

·
Premium Member
1,791 Posts
Renault Megane R26 F1 Front Bumper Grill (lower) £148.68

Renault Megane R26 F1 Front Bumper Grille (Upper) £109.81

not sure on the part numbers

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
Maybe I won't be buying new then - S/H or I'll get mine done. How much is the rear exhaust grill part David?

·
Premium Member
1,791 Posts
Not sure on the rear bumper inserts MJ
my friend sprayed his 197 inserts with black plasti-kote spray paint and it seems to be ok

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
Has any1 done it yet lOl

I'm soo tempted... Are the grills easy to take out??

What's the best stuff to use then lads??

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
That looks nice Sadret. Any special prep or paint used?

I do keep meaning to get started on mine but other mods seem more important.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts