Megane Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got the insurance sorted with greenlight, not the cheapest but gave me the cover I needed for future mods and trackday cover.

Got the Golf ready, now parked up for the journey down south early doors Thursday. All going well I've be heading back up the M6 lunchtime with a massive grin on my face.

Only downside I have at the moment is my Golfs V5 not arrived from DVLA yet after my plate change last week. I need this before they will accept my trade-in. :(

Still....way too excited over a car...at my age as well :go:

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Off first thing in the morning, 6am, to head to Stockport to collect my car. Can't wait.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Picked it up at lunchtime and had a cracking drive home. On cruise up the M6, M74 then the last 30 miles home cross country taking the long road. You could not whack the smile off my face with a brick.:biggthumpup:

photo by evojkp, on Flickr

I'll get some cleaning pics up soon. Working the weekend but have Monday put aside for a full detail inc machine polish. :go:

·
Premium Member
1,372 Posts
Picked it up at lunchtime and had a cracking drive home. On cruise up the M6, M74 then the last 30 miles home cross country taking the long road. You could not whack the smile off my face with a brick.:biggthumpup:

photo by evojkp, on Flickr

I'll get some cleaning pics up soon. Working the weekend but have Monday put aside for a full detail inc machine polish. :go:
V. Nice :D

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the comments chaps. Still got that smile of my face. Nice quiet roads on way to work this morning at 6am and back tonight. The handling has really blown me away.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
In Longridge. Headed back the Lanark road towards carnwath, via Overton bridge then down through Forth. Cracking road when it's quiet.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I've never been sure on those alloys,
I was the same right up until I collected it. I had not seen them in the flesh or sat in the Recaro's and was thinking what have I done and I was worried all the way down to the dealers in case I did not like them, but seeing them in the flesh I really do like them. Which was a relief :sweatdrop:

·
Registered
758 Posts
I was the same right up until I collected it. I had not seen them in the flesh or sat in the Recaro's and was thinking what have I done and I was worried all the way down to the dealers in case I did not like them, but seeing them in the flesh I really do like them. Which was a relief :sweatdrop:
get them powder coated gloss black , look loads better

·
Registered
202 Posts
Whats the ride like on the 19s and the cup suspension?

If i remember right that road is a bit of a mess it feel okay on it?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ride is very good on them although you do keep a look out for potholes like a sixth sense.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I've given up pothole watching there are that many on the roads plus its always dark when i commute to work.
The Halogen lights on my 1 series are rubbish and by the time i see potholes i've hit them.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts