Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can any of you good chaps advise me on some decent driving roads between the Borders and Perth.

I've a week off work starting from this weekend and want to get out and enjoy the car. It would have to be a starting point in the central belt and about 4hours max as I need to get back for the school run.

My usual route for a jolly when I had my Evo was up the A9, off at Braco head for Comrie over the moors road, St. Fillans, Lochearn Head, towards Callandar, divert via the trossachs then onto Doune and the M9 back home. Some cracking twisty roads if the traffic is not heavy, that's why I like going on a weekday.

I went out for a blast today and I know I'm going to enjoy this car...soooo much :go:

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thanks for that, they look good and not too long...

I'll be doing this route at the weekend or on Monday. Need to get the auld favourite done first. The moors road into Comrie passing Culltybraggan is superb.

http://g.co/maps/a466k

·
Registered
127 Posts
that's a good route. i drove a similar one last year in my old car but stayed on the a82 round loch lomond. cant wait to do it again this year in the megane.

are you on piston heads? there's a run in ayrshire coming up in march - looks to be at least 30 going including my r26 and another rs250.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No I'm not on PH, although I do have a look in now and again.

The Ayrshire run is sooperb, done one down there a good few years back with the SIDC when I had my Evo6, although it got stopped short after we were reported as 'racing' and soon had a gaggle of Volvo T5 interceptors hunting us down. They were pretty cool when they stopped us. A little finger wagging and sent us on our way.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I decided on a random journey from Essex to Aberdeen the other day and I must say Scotland does have some nice roads to drive on. I found that a lot of the motorways have good alternate routes running along side them that are great fun to drive (was a bit icy this morning though). Id agree with the A9 though.
I was on a A7** something earlier, cant remember what that was good, was a road that goes slightly west towards Glasgow.
Dont know if that is of any use :S

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Essex to Aberdeen for a random journey. That's what you call a road trip. :partyhard:

Once you get out of the central belt and head either west, north or east there are some stunning roads and scenery. My big problem is remembering them...must be old age....:wheelchair:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Haha, yeah it was a tad impulsive! Covered 1207 miles in the end I think.
Yeah we headed west from england but then east across to aberdeen and found some good roads. I wanted to go back on one of the ones we found but couldnt find it again :/
did you find some good roads in the end?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Done my favourite route via Loch Earn and the moors road to Comrie. Once I get some time off, I'll be heading out to find some others that will put a grin on my face.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts