Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Founder
8,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All in all a lot easier than I thought it would be to be honest. I'm not exactlty handy with mechanics but using phils info and some advice from RG225 it was done in an hour

Before:

After:

Oh and good job I did this as my rear drivers side spring was snapped!

one thing I did do just to make things easier was take one wheel off at a time and use a jack to support the beam so it didnt just drop out when the shocker pops out, also took the bump stops out :evil: they are for whimps anyway hehe

Should sit a bit better when the fronts are done, driving the car is a bit strange as the front pitches up noticibly but its off into RS tuning for the fronts doing tommorow AM will post more pics when its done

·
Registered
693 Posts
looks mean matey good luck tomoz you will love the ride home :lol:

·
Founder
8,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah took it out just quickly to check the spings werent gonna pop out but cant really draw any conclusions from it as it felt a bit strange TBH the front end was pitched up etc will reserve judgement till its all properly done!

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Looks good mate will be better when the fronts done!
how the hell did you snap that spring :shock:

glad you took the bumpstops off, your right they are for wimps!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Founder
8,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
god knows how the spring was snapped, prolly done before I got the car, it had fucked brakes as well so prolly been cained :(

·
Registered
227 Posts
Nice work M8. like the photo's, I would take your time until the fronts have been done as I guess the handling will be all over the place.
Looking forward to the other photos and a full report of the new found handling.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts