Megane Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well we just got back from an appointment at Slough Nissan having tested a GTR.

TBH the MY10 car was the one we were interested in (within budget) but didnt tell them that and drove both a MY10 and a MY11 back-to-back.

For what is essentially the same car the difference in the driving experience is remarkable.

Dont get me wrong the 10 car is superb and you'd be more than happy; except the seats, not comfortable, way too narrow. But the 11 car, wow, quicker, sharper, nicer looking, easier to run and much more comfortable with the new premium seats. You'd have to say its deffo worth the extra. So, unfortunately, our wait for a GTR continues, until we a) save a bit more and b) the MY11 car drops in price a bit more.

How annoying is it when the car you want just isnt quite within reach??!!

·
Registered
5,203 Posts
Thread support for a fellow Nissan aficionado....

When I was looking for my Micra I could have gone for and early model £600 used Micra K10, but I’m so pleased I held out for the later K11 Micra with the ABS and A/C. It was also worth the extra £200 for street cred and future residuals.

·
Premium Member
1,783 Posts
Thread support for a fellow Nissan aficionado....

When I was looking for my Micra I could have gone for and early model £600 used Micra K10, but I’m so pleased I held out for the later K11 Micra with the ABS and A/C. It was also worth the extra £200 for street cred and future residuals.
May i say a very shrewd move,and you are being overly modest jon.
The salesman had odiously not noticed your particular vehicle had the much sort after and now legendary uprated wheel trim option.
A fine spot,adding at least a three figure sum(£1.00),to the resale value.

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
What are you wanting to use the car for clarki? Track work or road?

My dad fairly recently had one (08 model) but sold it as it never really clicked. It was blisteringly fast, sadly no insurance companies contemplated insuring me in it so I never drove it.

·
Premium Member
2,586 Posts
What are you wanting to use the car for clarki? Track work or road?

My dad fairly recently had one (08 model) but sold it as it never really clicked. It was blisteringly fast, sadly no insurance companies contemplated insuring me in it so I never drove it.
08 would be a Jap I presume as the uk cars only start coming in in 2009. Or was it a UK 58 plate? Those cars are chalk and cheese from the current ones. I drove the TG car here in the UK and Mizuno's personal car in Japan at Fuji in 2007. Amazing bit of kit but soul-less. I hear the current model is a far cry from that.

·
Premium Member
2,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It'd be a road car - keeping the meg - to replace the now sold merc.

Didnt think we'd need all the extra bits and bobs fitted to the newer model, but it is honestly chalk and cheese. And the seats in the older cars are just so uncomfortable.

Plus side is the misses needs a car so, as a stop gap, today we've been looking at 205 GTis and clio williams'.

·
Registered
5,203 Posts
May i say a very shrewd move,and you are being overly modest jon.
The salesman had odiously not noticed your particular vehicle had the much sort after and now legendary uprated wheel trim option.
A fine spot,adding at least a three figure sum(£1.00),to the resale value.
The Twister is moving into classic staus Mr Jeffs, I can just sense it.

I might shift it later this year and I'm working on just losing about a pony on the AutoT ad.

·
Premium Member
1,105 Posts
I'd give my right nut for a GTR. You have/will have owned three of my favourite cars by the time you get this. I'm very jealous!

Out of interest, how hard do they let you push a GTR on a test drive? There aren't many roads which would allow you to express its potential so I'd be interested to know how far you can push it before the salesman starts reaching for the keys. I've never actually driven one but my step-dad has he gave me the impression it was more than a little bit fast.

·
Premium Member
2,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'd already driven an '09 model at the 6th gear experience - they let me hammer it there tbh - so it was the misses that did the driving yesterday.

Around Slough its a bit slow anyway, but the car was easy in traffic on the comfort settings and in auto. Once on the M4 and in race + manual she was able to give it a few low gear full bores to feel some of what the car has to offer. But your right, your not going to experience what its really capable of on a test drive. Got a good hour with each car though so that helped with getting settle/comfortable/etc in the car...and is probably why our wait will have to continue,grrrrrrrrrr.

·
Premium Member
1,783 Posts
The Twister is moving into classic staus Mr Jeffs, I can just sense it.

I might shift it later this year and I'm working on just losing about a pony on the AutoT ad.
You above all people should realize shifting such a `niche` motor will be hard these days.
Perhaps your choice of genuine fake carbon gear shifter ,will sweeten the deal to potential punters.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts