Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

A friend has just put a deposit down on a 250 with Cup pack.

It was a demo rather than an order placed by him, so doesn't quite have his perfect spec. However the car was suitably priced to allow for this.

His main query is the headlights. It has the standard halogen units which (in his opinion) look awful, and he'd much rather the projector units.

So my question is, can you either a) retro-fit the xenon projector units, or b) do any other lower spec Megane 3's come with non-xenon projector headlamps?

Any help appreciated.

Chris

·
Premium Member
1,449 Posts
i think with lots of money all is possible but think you will need the module which is rotating them (according to the steering angle) as also you need the sensor etc... on rear axle so they will be auto leveling too, dont know if the Meg without xenons do have washers as they are also mandatory over here, so its not just plug & play from what i know ;)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hi all, its my 250 that ive just put the deposit down on and thought i best sign up :)
Im not particually fussed about the xenon bulb look just the actual lamps themselfs, i think the h/lamp situation could work if they are just a bare headlamp without the igniter unit as i wouldnt need cornering lamps or auto adjust as they will be set in a permanent position like normal headlamps. I would obviously need to find out about manual adjustment from inside the car as there will still be a motor inside the headlamp from the auto adjust.
I work for bmw as a techy and have a friend at renault who is going to send me the wiring diagrams so im going to look them over and will get back to you on how i get on :/ haha.
On another note many thanks for all the input and i cant wait to pick the car up :)

·
Registered
758 Posts
welcome mate , the 250 s are awesome so ll you ll be happy with it , if your mate could get wiring diagrams you could really help me , i want to make the dash lights come on when the car is running , been thinking about feeding the dash lights dimmer via a diode or relay from an ignition feed or the drl s supply , diagrams would be great

·
Registered
46 Posts
thanks bud :)
yeah no probs i will ask him to grab them if he can. i dont see why a feed wouldnt work as long as it doesnt effect any thing else. will let you know tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Same for me please. Very keen to have dash lights on during the day.

welcome mate , the 250 s are awesome so ll you ll be happy with it , if your mate could get wiring diagrams you could really help me , i want to make the dash lights come on when the car is running , been thinking about feeding the dash lights dimmer via a diode or relay from an ignition feed or the drl s supply , diagrams would be great
. .

·
Registered
46 Posts
No buddy I've tried to think of different ways but to no conclusion. However I have decided to go down a different route :) I have found that on the new coupe gt line they have black inserts instead of the chrome inside the headlamp! So will look much better me thinks :)

·
Registered
758 Posts
the ones i have are piaa extreme white plus 4000k i have them in dipped and high beam , not quite as good as xenon s but big improvment over standard

·
Premium Member
265 Posts
I know this thread is old, but having just joined this forum today, i thought i would post on this as I have swapped out a halagon headlamp with the xenon version. it's a direct replacement. however, the only problem is that the car's UCH will not like the xenons and it causes it to start flickering. I sorted this by simply adding an inline anti-flicker decoder that you can buy from eBay for £5.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts