Megane Sport Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it wouldnt suprise me as for the first 5mins i turn them on they are pointing up alot, to the point where im literally lighting up the tops of houses when i drive through a housing estate. I got told on my MOT that it passed but theres a connecting beam missing in the passenger side wheel arch, and the two arms which control the height of the xenons are no longer connected to eachother because this beam is missing.

Would this be my problem(have the mechanical knowledge of a 5yr old) and is this beam a part that i could get fitted in renault or is it a case of a whole new auto-leveller parts? How expensive am i looking at?

Sorry for the thousand questions!

Kris

·
Premium Member
624 Posts
I purchased mine last year with xenons, I thought they would be like my 182 but why have they got 2 levelling points? Anyway on it's service I was advised to obtain the levelling arm for the front Nearside wheelarch. However this cannot be purchased separately. I ordered the complete unit (£60) and it worked for around 6 months then did what you explained. I eventually put back the faulty part to stop it bringing down aircraft!! ( I could not justify another new for front as well as replacing the back as well) Without 2 levellers the light just come on rather than go up and down then settle. You can manually set them like STD lights i f required but I never bothered and they are ok as is.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
£60 isnt too bad if it lasts more than 6 months. Did you not get 12months warrenty on the part?

That would be brilliant if you could find that post for me paddy as im struggling finding it! :(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.