Megane Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
was out today in the car today and it got me thinking, the 225 still turns a LOT of heads, i know its only a megane but the amount of looks the car gets still suprises me , it must be the fact that they are still very rare up here .
has anyone else noticed this lol, i love it :lol:

·
Registered
5,267 Posts
I had a Civic type r playing with me on the way back from the office......The passenger game me a dirty stare when i dropped it into 3rd and the new exhaust gave a roar! :)

However i got lots of stares in the modus today........ people staring whilst i was refusing to get outta the fast lane. I was going just as fast as them.....they just wanted to go faster than me.

·
Premium Member
14,297 Posts
paul g said:
was out today in the car today and it got me thinking, the 225 still turns a LOT of heads, i know its only a megane but the amount of looks the car gets still suprises me , it must be the fact that they are still very rare up here .
yup, i can be on the motor way doing 70mph watching the world go by and i can bet you that evrey car that passes me will have a look at the car, and being de-badged makes them wonder a bit more wat it is :p .

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i get quite a few heads turning, they hear me coming a mile off then when they realise its a renault they all gaup and to top it all off theres the nice hiss of the dump valve 8) 8)

·
Registered
5,432 Posts
I've had a few admiring glances in my Megane.

Had two older blokes sitting there staring down the side of the car as I was sat in traffic.
Also let a standard blue Megane into a junction and the kit in the passenger seat's eyes were popping out as he stared at it!! lol

I partly put the attention down to it being inferno coz thats not a common kind of colour but the 225s do stand out in any colour. :D

·
Registered
5,432 Posts
Its coz we're so cool!!! hahahaha Simple as that.

·
Registered
5,267 Posts
ive noticed alot of normal megane drivers sit behind you and if they have a passenger in the fron with them you can see them pointing at the 2 exhausts. I bet their pointing out the differences.....and the passenger is saying to them that ours looks better then theirs.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Alex said:
ive noticed alot of normal megane drivers sit behind you and if they have a passenger in the fron with them you can see them pointing at the 2 exhausts. I bet their pointing out the differences.....and the passenger is saying to them that ours looks better then theirs.
Yep, thats what my passenger does. :wink: Then the 225 usually speeds off. :lol:

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
I still have to finalise everything first. I also have to see what my salary is for next year before I go wild with the option list. :lol: :lol:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
On this my brother borrowed a Maseratti 3200 GT a couple of christmases ago and we turned up to midnight mass in it (got to keep mum happy once a year so she doesn't think her sons are heathens... :twisted: )...

Rucked up to the nunnery and had a crowd of 100 year old nuns gauping...

What an advert... "you can even pull a nun in this..." :lol:

·
Founder
8,209 Posts
yeah deffo still get a lot of admiring glances in the 225, particularly when its just been cleaned specially in the black (I would say this hehe) get admitinglooks of drivers of much more expensive cars. When I first got the car got a couple of people asking what it was etc but yeah I think its definately a head turner the rarity factor is still helping a lot with that as most people still have no idea whats under the bonnet

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
paul g said:
My five door 225 inferno doesnt attract much attention where I live (Huddersfield, West yorks) for some bizarre reason...and its always clean ...Is it cause its a 5 door?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts