Megane Sport Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys am i right in saying the r26 has heated windscreen the back one works ok but the front one don't seem to work . is there a fuze for this.does yours work . i tried it the other morning and it never seemed to do anything any suggestions

·
Premium Member
1,783 Posts
i am certainly not aware about any heated screen on a R26,mine doesnt have one.
My focus has one,but you know it has because you can see the element embedded in the windscreen.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the button above the read window heater what is that for . when i turn it on the back heated window comes on also . i did have a look for the element in the window but never seen anything . so what is the button for right above the rear window heater

·
Premium Member
8,005 Posts
None of the Megs have a heated front windscreen. The patent (until recently anyway) for heated front windscreens was owned by Ford (and associated owned companies) during the years that the Meg2 was built so there's no way it has one. Sorry. :)

It's a great idea and you'd see it on more cars if Ford hadn't bagged the patent so early on.

·
Premium Member
1,783 Posts
None of the Megs have a heated front windscreen. The patent (until recently anyway) for heated front windscreens was owned by Ford (and associated owned companies) during the years that the Meg2 was built so there's no way it has one. Sorry. :)

It's a great idea and you'd see it on more cars if Ford hadn't bagged the patent so early on.
But seeing the element through the screen is like looking through a net curtain!!
Really off putting at first.

·
Premium Member
8,005 Posts
But seeing the element through the screen is like looking through a net curtain!!
Really off putting at first.
Ha, the early one's looked a bit rough but once you've had one in mid-winter they're sorely missed on other cars. :) Newer one's look better.

I see they've just started to filter through on to other marques in the last couple of years.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.