Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all, just bought a 2007 megane F1 R26 last weekend, and to put it in simple terms, she be a beast! absolutely delighted. Slight rattle from the exhaust, but going back into the garage to get it sorted on the warrenty.

I never got a user manual, but have figured out how to use the cruise control sort of. What do the buttons on the right hand side of the steering wheel do?? left handside is to set the speed, but not sure what the other side does??

·
Premium Member
1,984 Posts
The R is for resume to turn it back on
The O is for off

Works the same with the speed limiter. Set your speed and you can lift off to slow down, re apply pedal to speed up to the max set with the + - buttons on the left.
I find the speed limiter more use than cruise control.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks, that makes sense!! i've been using the cruise control on the motorway to try get the best mpg, would it be better with the limiter? I clearly didn't buy the car for economy, but its nice to stretch the pennies when i can!

·
Premium Member
1,984 Posts
I'm not sure which would be best for economy.
But with the limiter you can lift off to slow down instead of braking.
If you need to override both in emergency you can just floor it think there's a micro switch at full peddle travel.

·
Premium Member
1,984 Posts
Like what?
The rotary switch for the mirrors if turned 180 white dot at bottom. Folds the mirrors in.
The pedal on the right makes it go fast. Lol.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
actually dunbar, but no one usually knows where that is! Pedal on the right eh? suppose i best test that wee fella out. (strictly to 70mph of course).

·
Registered
127 Posts
welcome. what colour is your r26? any mods planned?

i'm in livingston but i commute along the m8 every day to the gyle and i drive at 65mph to maximise efficiency. i've heard people say that using CC gives slightly worse economy. i should have bought a diesel...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thanks boys,
unfortunately the pool is long gone!! had a new indoor one for a while now (i was the first kid down the flume - poor claim to fame!!)

Car is red with white alloys. Was trying to post a profile pic but it wont let me yet. No plans for mods, not really my game. I like everything to be standard and still have a bit of a kick about it. Was driving an astra sxi before (massive 100bhp), so its a massive jump for me as it is. I have to say that so far, i love it. Why have i avoided Renault for so long?? Only gripe i have is the signal i'm getting on the radio is a pain in ar*e. Will prob get a new arial and cd player soon, but the joy of driving in the silence listening to the engine hasn't worn off yet! Only filled up once so far, empty to full was 70 quid and i've done 280 miles with 85ish to go averaging 29.5mpg. I got the car budgeting to average 25mpg or above, so all's good at the moment. Time will tell.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts