Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, Simon from Ingleby Barwick here. At the moment i have a Clio 197 cup which is a great car but... Well a few weeks ago i drove an R26 which was awesome. Since then i have been looking every day on the Autotrader/Ebay and Pistonheads websites for a low mileage reasonably priced example. The colour is important to me also, Liquid Yellow is the one for me. Just before Christmas, a garage in Edinburgh was selling a 58 plate for 8 and a half K with 28K on the clock. To cut a long story short i missed out due to my own stubborn attitude, something i deeply regret. Anyway i hope to have one very soon. Looking forward to been a member of this site, thanks, Simon.

·
Premium Member
2,501 Posts
Hello mate, welcome. There's a few of us active in the north east, look forward to meeting up at some point, best of luck with your search, R26 is a cracking motor 😉

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks lads. I saw a Yellow one in Boro last Saturday, then the same one again in Nunthorpe the following Sunday.

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
Nice one mate, My Bro Lives near the Tesco in Barwick, i'm often up there visiting so i'll keep an eye out for you!
Welcome

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I looked at a Black one in Hull a few months ago. It was in A1 condition. Wheels were scuff free all with new tyres too. I had the salesman drive it in and out of the showroom many times, in and out of the light looking for paint discrepencies and dents. After an hour of looking I found nothing. The salesman must of thought I was mad. The price was good and the mileage low. I thought about it and was just about to hand over the money when.....I really wanted a Yellow one. I would only regret it later so I made the hard decision not to buy it and wait. I noticed it had sold a week later. I didn't think it would hang around. So as I said earlier, its just a case of waiting.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. Jonny157 is your R26 a Black 07 with the sticker pack? Thats the only Black one i have seen around here

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
As Budgie says mate mines only got the front wing stickers, here's mine

It's in Leeds at the moment getting belts and clutch sorted

1 - 20 of 29 Posts