Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone

I'm looking to buy a 225 when i turn 21 (march 2012) i'm upgrading from a 1.2 clio which is a big difference in power LOL

Hopefully i can get abit of knowledge about the megane from the forum!

My budget is £5500 - 6000 after looking on pistonheads and autotrader my budget will get me a 2006 - 2007 with 40 - 60k mileage.

Any suggestions on what are the tell tell signs when looking at 225 to see if its 'lemon'???

Thanks

Vik

·
Premium Member
3,292 Posts
My advice would be scrap the 225 save a few more pennies and get the R26. More bang for your buck. where bouts in wolves are you?

·
Premium Member
3,292 Posts
Welcome.

R26 ftw

I am biased though :)
wish i got the R26 mate. I just took the 225 as it was a steal. 1 owner never ragged as he was about 65 lol. Brought with 9k on the clock at 2years old. Paid.......... 10k where as most were going for 13/14k at the time.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Gonna have to look at if i can stretch for a r26 ! i have seen a few on here for 6700ish which is quite good!

Thanks for the advice.

If i was to get 56 225 what would be the things to look out for e.g. turbo? gearbox?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Lol I kinda guessed the discs and pads part

When should the cam and aux be changed on a 225 ?

Is there anything specific with the electrics or just the case of making sure there all walking?

·
Premium Member
1,503 Posts
62,000 for cam and aux belt iirc, get yourself a ph1 can't go wrong if you pick up a decent one. :)

·
Premium Member
1,503 Posts
Have faith o little one. It's well looked after and as long as I keep it it will stay that way. Theirs odd niggles with every car.

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
ph1s equal a pain in the neck just because you keep on top of it doesnt protect you with these cars unfortunatley!
bmh.01 is a good example of a very very well looked after car and that costs him money and fair words!
mine was traded in i had it from new with alot more wrong with it than i could put right after 5 and a half years!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts